125 gallon

Diane 007

Hi guy’s, I will be getting a 125 on Wednesday. I would like to keep Geophagus Tapajos and Keyholes together..is this a good combination? If yes, how many of each?

This is a list of fish in my 90g
9 spotted headstanders
8 black Skirt Tetras
11 marble hatchets
12 silver hatchets
1 snowball pleco
3 Bolivian rams ( lost my old guy )
10+ rabbit snails
With the exception of the rams, can I add any of these guy’s to the 125?

Any suggestions of old or new stock would be greatly appreciated
TIA

!poogs!

I would tell you that in a big tank small fish look visually lost. It would make a good debate for sure in the hobby.

Which looks better in a large tank? Larger numbers of small fish, or few numbers of larger fish?

Upvote 0

BigBeardDaHuZi

I would tell you that in a big tank small fish look visually lost. It would make a good debate for sure in the hobby.

Which looks better in a large tank? Larger numbers of small fish, or few numbers of larger fish?
That Would be a good debate. I'd like to see that

Upvote 0

BigBeardDaHuZi

Maybe a squadron of Congo tetras? Something big enough to not be snack size, but will make a nice school to add good movement to the top half of the tank.

Rainbows?

Upvote 0

Diane 007

A friend of mine has a 110g with large numbers of smaller schooling fish..it is absolutely stunning for sure.

Upvote 0

Diane 007

Maybe a squadron of Congo tetras? Something big enough to not be snack size, but will make a nice school to add good movement to the top half of the tank.

Rainbows?
I love the idea of Congo tetras, my black Skirt Tetras are quite large and fat I think they’d be fine with the geo’s

Upvote 0

Lebeeze

I pick smaller amount of larger fish. But I'm more drawn towards monster fish then tetras or something simar

Upvote 0

Diane 007

I pick smaller amount of larger fish. But I'm more drawn towards monster fish then tetras or something simar
I was thinking 5 of each geo’s and keyholes not sure if there would be enough of each?

Upvote 0

BigBeardDaHuZi

I love the idea of Congo tetras, my black Skirt Tetras are quite large and fat I think they’d be fine with the geo’s
Yeah, I bet the black skirts would work

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Diane 007
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
  • Question
Replies