125 Gallon

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Michael Vick, Jun 15, 2018.

1. M

Michael Vick New Member Member

Planning on freeing up a 125 gallon tank soon. I want to restart it with about 6 giant danios, 6 tiger barbs, and 6 cory catfish. I have read about breeding tiger barbs. I want to breed all 3 of these types of fish. What do you guys do to breed them? I have spare tanks as well to transfer breeders and babies and what not. Thanks

2. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

I apologize for getting off subject but in my opinion you could have much more interesting fish in a 125 gallon. Also, there are likely YouTube videos out there for breeding them

3. OP
    OP
    M

Michael Vick New Member Member

Yea I have been researching. What kind of fish do you like? I like mostly cichlids. South/central, the common africans, and a few amazonian fish. And dw about going off topic I enjoy any topic about aquariums.

4. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

I love south/central cichlids because it doesn’t limit you much. Africans have to be a species only tank. Also I think south/central’s have more personality. I went with an electric blue acara(and will get it a mate) because they are colorful, don’t get big, and aren’t aggressive. Also electric blue rams for the same reasons. My blood parrot is my favorite fish because he has a ton of personality and can’t bite other fish even though they are pretty territorial at times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice