125 Gallon

1. M

Michael Vick New Member Member

Planning on freeing up a 125 gallon tank soon. I want to restart it with about 6 giant danios, 6 tiger barbs, and 6 cory catfish. I have read about breeding tiger barbs. I want to breed all 3 of these types of fish. What do you guys do to breed them? I have spare tanks as well to transfer breeders and babies and what not. Thanks

2. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

I apologize for getting off subject but in my opinion you could have much more interesting fish in a 125 gallon. Also, there are likely YouTube videos out there for breeding them

3. OP
    OP
    M

Michael Vick New Member Member

Yea I have been researching. What kind of fish do you like? I like mostly cichlids. South/central, the common africans, and a few amazonian fish. And dw about going off topic I enjoy any topic about aquariums.

4. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

I love south/central cichlids because it doesn’t limit you much. Africans have to be a species only tank. Also I think south/central’s have more personality. I went with an electric blue acara(and will get it a mate) because they are colorful, don’t get big, and aren’t aggressive. Also electric blue rams for the same reasons. My blood parrot is my favorite fish because he has a ton of personality and can’t bite other fish even though they are pretty territorial at times.