125 Gallon Tank Stocking - Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by BlueSubmarine, Mar 27, 2019.

1. BlueSubmarineValued MemberMember

A few months ago I got a 125gallon tank and consolidated a few smaller tanks I had at the moment and ended up with a pretty big community.

Now fast forward to present day, some of the inhabitants are starting to get to their adult size and even though aggression or nitrates are not an issue, I'd like to avoid getting to that point and give the fish more room.

That being said I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to rehome as like them all :p

Currently in the Tank:

1 Oscar
    1 Red devil
    3 nicaraguense
    1 delhezi
    1 Senegal
    1 parrot fish
    3 firemouth
    1 convict
    2 bristlenose pleco
    3 giant danios
    1 Mayan
    1 rainbow shark

For maintenance I do 50% water changes weekly and I run a sump for filtration with a 1100gph pump.

Which fish would you keep?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

Id get rid of the duplicates or third wheels to start, maybe up the danio school too even though that's the opposite of what you want.

3. NoroomforshoeValued MemberMember

I guess I would rehome the fish that can thrive in a smaller tank. most people will not have such a large tank .
    The danios could be in a larger school, maybe you could find someone who could add them to an existing school.