125 gallon stocking suggestions

GaliherT

I have a 40 gallon breeder after my old house and I just bought a 125 gallon, I'm gonna transfer the current fish I have to the 125. I have 10 neon tetras. 6 julii Cory, 1 albino bushynoseplace, and 6 cherry barbs. I'll probably up the numbers on the tetras. Cory, and barbs. Does anyone have suggestions to maybe add? I was thinking maybe some rainbowfish or something. Stocking numbers of each would also be useful on what's a good number of each as I'm just roughly using aqadvisor currently. It will have a fluval fx4 for filtration. And I am hooking up my old filters when I transfer the fish to keep my beneficial bacteria. Thanks for any input

BVUBeavers

Add some rosaline barbs - I've always thought large barb tank would be cool with several shoals of different types. When I upgrade my cichlid tank to 150G; Im going to convert my 75G into a barb/cory tank although rosalines won't make the cut as they need more space.

ProudPapa

Rainbowfish would be a good option. Or just really up the numbers on your schooling fish and call it good.

GaliherT

How do these numbers look? Given I can even find the barbs or rainbowfish at my LFS.

40 Neon Tetras
12 Cherry barbs (3M, 9F)
6 Boesmans Rainbowfish
15 Julii Cory
1 Albino Bushynose Pleco
8 Rosaline Barbs (Denison barbs)

Any number adjustments from fish to fish or this look stocked fully ok?

Only problem so far I see is I would have to keep it at 77 degrees with the rosaline barbs with all the other fish?

A201

I agree with BVUBeavers
A big group of Roseline sharks look great in a XL tank. I keep 10 Roselines as well as 10 Dawkinsia Filamentosa Barbs in my 120 gal.

ProudPapa

How do these numbers look? Given I can even find the barbs or rainbowfish at my LFS.

40 Neon Tetras
12 Cherry barbs (3M, 9F)
6 Boesmans Rainbowfish
15 Julii Cory
1 Albino Bushynose Pleco
8 Rosaline Barbs (Denison barbs)

Any number adjustments from fish to fish or this look stocked fully ok?

Only problem so far I see is I would have to keep it at 77 degrees with the rosaline barbs with all the other fish?

I'd bump the rainbowfish up to ten or twelve, but otherwise it looks good to me.

GaliherT

Thanks everyone, will get the current stock settled then go to the LFS and see what all is available, or not available

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Wobbegong
Replies
Views
Bradley Moles
Replies
Views
Namtab
  • Question