125 gallon stock opinion

Grimreaperv142

125g stock

I have 2 tanks, want to combine and know others opinion on how the stocks will work out.

75 gal hex has 5 medium angel fish, 2 med discus, 7 harlequin rasboras, 6 blood fin tetras, 2 dojo loaches,

20gal has 3 dwarf frogs, 5 Cory cats, 6 misc gourami,

I’m looking at maybe adding more discus, do you think all these fish could be able to go together w taking care of feeding to ensure the discus eat?

It’s a 125g tank

86 ssinit

Sorry but I say no. Angels and discus should only be put together if both young and small so they can grow together. Should allways be more discus than angels. Gouramis I wouldn’t mix with either. Also discus need temps of 82-86. Can your other fish handle those temps?

Grimreaperv142

Sorry but I say no. Angels and discus should only be put together if both young and small so they can grow together. Should allways be more discus than angels. Gouramis I wouldn’t mix with either. Also discus need temps of 82-86. Can your other fish handle those temps?
The gouramis are in another tank right now, seems like everything is peaceful in the 75gal, the discus seem to not eat as much as I would like, still the angels and disc get along. I bought them from the same tank from the store, I am going to add 4 more discus from Hans Discus, that would make 6 disc, 5 angel, 6 gourami, 2 dojo loaches, along w the harlequin rasboras and tetras
The gouramis are in another tank right now, seems like everything is peaceful in the 75gal, the discus seem to not eat as much as I would like, still the angels and disc get along. I bought them from the same tank from the store, I am going to add 4 more discus from Hans Discus, that would make 6 disc, 5 angel, 6 gourami, 2 dojo loaches, along w the harlequin rasboras and tetras
Would this be overstocking a 125?

86 ssinit

Hans is a great source for discus. But you really need to know more about discus. They are not community fish. Some people say that there angels and discus get along fine. That’s because they never had discus by themselves. So they really don’t know better. I have a thread in the discus section about keeping discus.For Beginner Discus Keepers | Discus Fish Forum | 486447

Just something to read before investing in discus.

Grimreaperv142

Hans is a great source for discus. But you really need to know more about discus. They are not community fish. Some people say that there angels and discus get along fine. That’s because they never had discus by themselves. So they really don’t know better. I have a thread in the discus section about keeping discus.For Beginner Discus Keepers | Discus Fish Forum | 486447

Just something to read before investing in discus.
What a great write up, learned a lot. So I don’t really want to have to give up my fish I’ve had for a long time, but I want to switch to keeping discus. Any suggestions on what I could do, if I had 5 angels, 6 discus and w the rasboras and tetras would this be a workable setup, ovvisouly not ideal but what is your thought?

86 ssinit

Lol I’m just not a fan of discus and angel. On there own I like both and have both.
Yes that plan is better than with the gouramis. But your best bet for discus would be keep the 75 and use that for your discus. Go bare bottom and see how you do. Now you can put all the others together in the 125. Or you can put the tetras and rasborias with the discus.
Can you put up a pic of your discus and angels that you have now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Arkodios
  • Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
brondo
Replies