1 Florida Gar (about 8.5")
1 Unknown catfish (about 6")

248.jpg

258.jpg

260.jpg

Shawnie
saweeeeeeeet pics! I'm skeered!

Rbacchiega
Redid this tank today. It was just too hard to keep the water as pristine as it needs to be to keep these monsters happy healthy and growing.

It's now a completely bare bottom tank, some added driftwood.

Specs:
48 long X 30 Wide X 24 Tall (which actually makes this about 150 gallons...even better!)
Rena xp3 Filter
Eheim Pro II series filter
400 gph powerhead set to medium
300 watt heater

Tank maintained at 78*F
10% water change every week
25-30% change once a month

Housing:
1 Florida Gar (adult size just under 30 inches)
1 Longbarbed Catfish (adult size 30 inches)
1 Clown Knife (adult size 3-4 ft)
1 Thin Bar Datnoid (up to 20 inches, more commonly 12-18)
1 Senegal Bichir (up to 18 inches)
1 Ornate Bichir (up to 24 inches)
1 White Spotted Buck Tooth Pleco

Yes, I know those fish get huge, there is a 300 gallon on its way (man it pays to know people in the buisness!) and the catfish will probably go into an indoor pond (yep, indoor) with a tiger-shovelnose/red tail catfish hybrid, which can also get up to 4 feet...

I'm addicted to monster fish

Rbacchiega

344.jpg

346.jpg

348.jpg

350.jpg

352.jpg

King_Snuggles
Florida gars only get 30 inches? maby in aquariums I have seen them in the wild and they are much much much bigger like in the 4 foot + range.

KittieKat
I heart those fishies!! I am sooooo green right now its not even funny! my next tank idea was one filled with mean guys! luuuuccckkkky!!

Rbacchiega
sure you've seen florida gars and not aligator gars??? live in the same regions and alI gars get massive....but everything I've read and heard from people who own these guys say 30 is the average...either way...big mean looking fish

King_Snuggles
your right aligator gars.
both cool though

william123456
cool fish!!!!!!!!!1

Angela_96
The gar in the TN lakes get up to at least 5 feet that I have personally seen at the lake swimming by our boats...

Rbacchiega
They are indeed quite an impressive fish, even moreso when they are all swimming in shoals. I've got two right now, and an 8 foot tank being built so I can have a few more. Pics in a new thread as it develops....

Allie
That looks like a 110g tall. What are it's dimensions? Our 120 gallon is 6 ft long that look like the same foot print as our old 110g tall, 4ft.
We've got our wide bar, a fw barracuda, garfish in our 120 gallon right now. My bf loves the predator fish. I just like our Datnoid. Such personality.

Rbacchiega
48 long X 30 Wide X 24 Tall

custom built to fit into the eventual fishroom...the only "standard" tanks I have are the 10 gallons...everything else is custom built to fit where I need it to, which is around and above the 8X3X2 tank LOL

Allie
48 long X 3a0 Wide X 24 Tll

custom built to fit into the eventual fishroom...the only "standard" tanks I have are the 10 gallons...everything else is custom built to fit where I need it to, which is around and above the 8X3X2 tank LOL
To figure out gallons of a tank:
48 long X 30 Wide X 24 divided by 321=107.66355
It's 107gs.

Rbacchiega
woops. I was going by the calculator on this site...oh well. They'll all be out of it as soon as the 8x3x2 tank is done cycling. then that tank is going to be used for my devil catfish...

Allie
woops. I was going by the calculator on this site...oh well. They'll all be out of it as soon as the 8x3x2 tank is done cycling. then that tank is going to be used for my devil catfish...

haddaj04
I want to set up another predator tank as soon as I get some more cash!

Rbacchiega
what do you have for predators?

haddaj04
I don't have any now, but I used to keep piranhas, which was fun, but they aren't very interesting after a while except to watch them feed.

Coryd55
1 cubic foot is equal to 7.481 gallons. So (48)(30)(24)=34560 cubic inches. Divide by 12 cubed to get cubic feet(1728 cubic inches equals 1 cubic foot). So you then divide 34560 by 1728. That gives you 20 cubic feet. Then you must multiply by 7.481 to get the number of gallons. 20 times 7.481 equals 149.62. Or close to 150 gallons(if you round up.

That's how you find tank volume if you didn't know. =)

Learn something new everyday.

So the tank is 150 US gallons.....

Rbacchiega
x

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Polyguy
Replies
Views
Ethan
Replies