125 Gallon Discus Tank Started!

Anders247
Beautiful fish!

TexasDomer
Beautiful fish, and the tank is looking great! Very jealous of your setup

Ap05
Here's the new one! My wife got me this silver pigeon blood for my birthday. Getting chased a lot by my red melon but eating good already!

Tman2902
Wow, that is quite the fish!

Ap05
Got a new set of 36" finnex planted plus 24/7 lights today. Already loving this thing and how much brighter it is than the stock t8s. I plan on leaving it on the 24/7 mode after showing the wife. Hope it grows my plants well!

Ap05
It finally sank!

removed

Ap05
I have another piece of mopanI wood that is kinda short on height. Would that be too much? Don't want to overdo it.

Also have some Ludwigia and s repens coming this week.

TexasDomer
I have another piece of mopanI wood that is kinda short on height. Would that be too much? Don't want to overdo it.

Also have some Ludwigia and s repens coming this week.
I don't think you can have too much driftwood! Or if you can, I've never seen it

StealYourFace
Awesome tank, and amazing discus! They are all so beautiful! I enjoy seeing how the tank has progressed. I think more driftwood would look great, seems like you still have some room in the tank to play with.

Ap05
We added the spider wood that was at the beginning of this thread to the left side and may take that current piece of mopanI wood out.

We'll see. I'm ready to order our blue snakeskin discus already lol

Tman2902
Post some pics when you feel it's looking good! Love seeing your fish. They have great colours.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

cooperbh
Beautiful tank!

Ap05
Did a new aquascape with the new plants tonight. The spider wood up top is soaking again and should be sank within the next week or 2.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep it (it'll be going in front of the left jungle Val) or take it out and leave the front open. We'll see.

removed

Ap05
OK took the spider wood out and did some more rearranging. Love this a while lot more

removed

removed

removed

TikiBird
Gorgeous!

TexasDomer
So beautiful! I'm very jealous!

clk89
Looks great, and your fish look pretty happy swimming under the driftwood.

Ap05
We will be adding a few more. Cardinal tetras (maybe), sterbaI cories when the juliis go, and 2 more discus.

I for some reason really want to add a pair of gbr. I love them and they always look great in discus tanks, but their short life span deters me.

TexasDomer
We will be adding a few more. Cardinal tetras (maybe), sterbaI cories when the juliis go, and 2 more discus.

I for some reason really want to add a pair of gbr. I love them and they always look great in discus tanks, but their short life span deters me.
Do some Apistos have longer life spans? The warmer water ones would work too.

bigdreams
Looks awesome! I want a tank like that! Great job!

Ap05
Scape update and a shot of my pigeon!

Anders247
Wow.....
drool

MikeRad89
So gorgeous.

One day....one day.....

juscallmej
very nice man. it has come together nicely. great healthy looking discus.

Ap05
Thanks guys!

Ap05
On this lighting situation. Wanting to avoid c02, would my 2 30" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7s and a 48" Planted+ regular be too much? Was gonna use the 48 with a timer and the 2 30s on the continuous cycle

TexasDomer
On this lighting situation. Wanting to avoid c02, would my 2 30" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7s and a 48" Planted+ regular be too much? Was gonna use the 48 with a timer and the 2 30s on the continuous cycle
I would only do two 30" and skip the 48". I would think you'd need CO2 with both (you'd be going towards higher light then). None of your plants need that much light anyway, right?

Ap05
I would only do two 30" and skip the 48". I would think you'd need CO2 with both (you'd be going towards higher light then). None of your plants need that much light anyway, right?
Well I think the light isn't enough for them. Stems do nothing in this tank compared to what they've done in other tanks with more light

TexasDomer
Well I think the light isn't enough for them. Stems do nothing in this tank compared to what they've done in other tanks with more light
What stem plants? What ferts are you using?

You could always try it, but keep a strict lighting schedule for the Planted Plus so you don't run into algae issues.

Ap05
Wisteria, s repens, ludwigia, even my jungle Val.

For ferts I'm using gla macros/Micros on Monday and Tuesday only.

Rutabs root tabs for the swords and jungle Val

TexasDomer
That's weird, as all of those should be fine in the lighting you have. I'd be inclined to think it's not a lighting issue, but I don't know what it could be.

Ap05
That's what I thought also. My ludwigia completely melted and turned black.

It's nice and green in my t8 lighting 20g

TexasDomer
That's what I thought also. My ludwigia completely melted and turned black.

It's nice and green in my t8 lighting 20g
Weird. You can always try another light! Just watch for algae issues.

Instead of a 48", you could do another two 30" and then sell them to me if they don't work/cause algae

Ap05
Alright added a 48" Planted Plus light to my 2 30" Finnex 24/7s today. Much brighter and lights the tank better.

I'm leaving the 24/7 cycle on and gonna go with a 6 to 8 hour timer period with the regular planted plus. May need to add more plants, but we'll see!

Ap05
New close ups!

removed

removed

removed

removed

removed

removed

removed

removed

removed

TexasDomer
Stunning, as always!

Ap05
Update!

clk89
Beautiful, I love all of color variety. Your plants are really growing too.

shusband
Wonderful tank, is it just the rasboras and discus?

cooperbh
Just gets better and better. Magnificent.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Patric
Replies
Views
bkaiser3
Replies
Views