Help 125 Gallon Community.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks yeah keeping Angel's can be tricky. If there from the same spawn and spent there whole lives togather it can work.

That's an Argentine sword. This thing got huge with the addition of CO2.
My angels in the 120g are all different ages (Except for the 4 I added last year) But I did consolidate a lot of them at once I guess and lost a few along the way to callamanus worm, so the school was changing. I've also had to swap angels keeping them for so long. So yeah, they are tricky. I've had the best success adding a group to a group (not adding to one angel or adding only one).

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think I posted about my sons new turtle. It's a red eared slider. Hes in a 40 breeder. In addition to a turtle specific filter he also added 2 whisper 10 filters.
So I now technically have 5 fish tanks in my house. My 125 and 40, my wife's 29, my daughters 10 and my sons 40. Not bad considering my wife limited me to 3 tanks.

Using my kids as a loophole to that rule was a pretty good idea lol.
20190820_221117.jpg

Wait technically I only have 2 tanks. The 125 and 40. The others are not mine. I can get another woohoo.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sad news to report this morning.1 of my SAEs was dead this morning. No obvious signs of injury or illness. There only about 4 years old. First loss in over 6 months. The parameters are good and all other fish are still active and healthy looking.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sad news to report this morning.1 of my SAEs was dead this morning. No obvious signs of injury or illness. There only about 4 years old. First loss in over 6 months. The parameters are good and all other fish are still active and healthy looking.
Sorry to hear mate

jmaldo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

What a shame after 4 years. At least you gave it a nice home for awhile.
Hang in there buddy.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dave, where ya been?
I've been around the sight not very active though.

Not much has changed in the tanks. The tiger lotus has been making babies left and right. It seems the day after separating a baby a new one is coming in.

My 3 Angel's had to be separated. There all males and dont get along so they all got there own tanks.

Other then that not much has changed. I am thinking about breeding the acaras in the 40. I would have to give up the angel that's in there though.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been around the sight not very active though.

Not much has changed in the tanks. The tiger lotus has been making babies left and right. It seems the day after separating a baby a new one is coming in.

My 3 Angel's had to be separated. There all males and dont get along so they all got there own tanks.

Other then that not much has changed. I am thinking about breeding the acaras in the 40. I would have to give up the angel that's in there though.
Dang Dave nice to see you again lol any plans to add more angles with the males to see if you can get a female? Or just staying clear of the tank “drama” for the time being? But the acara would be a good bet on babies if you can make sure you’re getting a pair. But you would need a few extra angles to add to whichever tank you place that removed angle back into to relieve the stress with two males. (This is why I’m hesitant to try angles) hard to sex and hard to keep from killing one another. Seen it happen one too many times.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom