125 Gal Turtle Tank Stocking Suggestions

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 125 aquarium running for a good 6 years now. I’m considering converting it from a fish tank to a turtle tank. I’m stumped on ideas though as to which species and how many.

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Stinkpots and map turtles are the smallest common ones that are mostly aquatic. Both species would do well in a 125.
How many depends largely on how much maintenance you want to do on the tank. They are messy and smelly so the more you get the more you're going to have to deal with that. A pair of either one would be easier to manage than a group of them which could become quite the challenge.

ChaosCorrupter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A couple musk turtles would be good in that tank. They stay in the water mostly but they will still need a place to climb out. Or I think 1 pink belly sideneck would do great in that tank, especially if you made a turtle topper to give it the full 125 gallons.

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 125 aquarium running for a good 6 years now. I’m considering converting it from a fish tank to a turtle tank. I’m stumped on ideas though as to which species and how many.
I would get more turtles if I had bigger tanks and more space in my home! What to get though is tricky. Are there many places that sell turtles where you are locally? I don’t have many ... just one PetSmart not even in my state but only about a 30min drive!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom