125 FOWLR-with some softies :)

Discussion in 'ATP' started by ATP, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

Hi,

I've moved most of my corals from my 125 to my new 120 except for some that I have no room for. It'll be a FOWLR with some softies. The corals could be snack for my future butterflies, but they're cheap. -xenias, buttons, leathers, etc.
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/atp/65857-atps-oceanic-120-tech-reef-tank-reef.html#post788974

So I will be keeping everone posted on my 125 here
    For my 125 when it was a reef and how I started would be here :)
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/saltwater-fish-tank-photos/53628-125-gallon-aquarium.html

Thanks!

2. OP
    OP
    ATP

453.jpg

Not done yet. I haven't done at rockwork..just dump em in there for now. I was going to clean the sump today, but too tired from yesterday. It currently has two clowns and a lawnmower (lawnmower was suppose to be in my new 120, but he refused to get out of his rock. Even when I take it out of the water. Also lost my Purple Stripe Pseudochromis. I couldn't find him.

3. OP
    OP
    ATP

The tank has settle down a bit and everything looks good now. I'll post pics tomorrow. I tried cleaning the sump, but broke it :) Lickily I have a spare one, but unable to use my ASm because its too big.

Well, I don't know if this is a good option (I bet I'll have a lot of people say no on this:)) or whether it'll survie or not (i'm sure it'll eat), but I just ordered from someone a list of fishes for my 125. Don't know if all of them are avialable though.

1-Aurigia Buttterflyfish (completely not reef safe :))
    1-Teardrop butterflyfish (semi)
    1-moorish idol (this is what I meant I'll get a lot of no's, but its on sale so give it a shot-the idol should already know how to it when its shipped :))
    1-naso

so thats it in my 125. Can't wait for the shipment

4. OP
    OP
    ATP

PH-8.1 (I've added buffers so should be 8.3 tomorrow)
    KH-9
    Nitrate-0
    Phosphate-0
    Ammonia-0

I think the idol will be alright in these water parameters. So now the only problem is acclimating it right.

checking calcium and magnesium right now.

5. OP
    OP
    ATP

Shipment arrived and I've put the livestock in the tank:) I acclimated them for like 3hrs.
    837.jpg
    839.jpg
    841.jpg
    843.jpg
    845.jpg
    847.jpg
    849.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    ATP

I've never showed anyone my 125 FOWLR after I rearrange things.....not as good as it was, but its good as a semi-fowlr (last one was a full reef tank)

879.jpg
    881.jpg
    883.jpg
    884.jpg
    886.jpg

Coral List in my semi-fowlr
    Xenia
    Large toadstool
    Devils hand leather
    digitas
    bonsai
    sunset milipora
    green acropora
    green mushroom

Fish:
    5-chromis
    2-percula
    1-auregia butterfly
    1-teardrop butterfly
    1-moorish idol

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. OP
    OP
    ATP

All the other fish died. Long story short, they got ich. So here's some new ones :p

One of the LFS in my area had a sale so I got these fishes. No corals this time though. My main reef is already packed and my 125 is not to have any more corals than whats in there.

711.jpg
    712.jpg
    713.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice