120G long LED?

1. Stealth Member Member

Hello. just wanting advice on lighting, I currently have a fluorescent light.

my tank is 2' high and 5' long. I was thinking of putting LED lighting over the tank (the ones that can change colour and brightness). The tabk is in full shade outside on my alfresco area.

Let me k ow if you need more info.

2. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Is this light for aquatic plants or for fish? What is your budget?

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

If you can't find one that is 5 feet long, you can always get two 30" lights.

4. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, kinda hard to find 60" lights, but since you are looking for lights that change colors and/or brightness I would say look into Current-USA light fixtures.

5. Stealth Member Member

the lights are for fish. and a bare bottom tank. I have seen LED strips that can connect together like a train. I am just not sure if the LED will be strong enough to penetrate light far enough down. I will have two JDs. Thanks.

6. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

In that case here is a light that will fit. And it should illuminate the tank just fine. It has white and blue LEDs. https://www.amazon.com/Green-Elemen...1465767851&sr=1-14&keywords=green+element+led

7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I tried the roll of LEDs for my 29 gal and it didn't work that well. Since you're not growing live plants, check out the Beamsworks lights.

8. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Yep. Beamswork/Green Element make lights that will fit your tank (see above); although, may not be as fancy a some of the more expensive brands.