120 Gallon Stocking

zwfish

Reaction score
Can I put a apistogramma caucatoides and Bolivian ram in the same 120 gallon tall?

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well I've seen people keeping them together in tanks much smaller, so I'd say yep - though I'd still check out for any chasing or signs of stress. Just make sure that there's driftwood, plants or other decorations in there to block line of sight in case of aggression. Do you plan do do pairs or singles?

I don't have apistogramma, but I have bolivians. If the tank is newly cycled I'd recommend holding off and getting them after the tank has been established properly with other fish that you want. If it's already established go for it!

OP
Z

zwfish

Reaction score
Feohw said:
Well I've seen people keeping them together in tanks much smaller, so I'd say yep - though I'd still check out for any chasing or signs of stress. Just make sure that there's driftwood, plants or other decorations in there to block line of sight in case of aggression. Do you plan do do pairs or singles?

I don't have apistogramma, but I have bolivians. If the tank is newly cycled I'd recommend holding off and getting them after the tank has been established properly with other fish that you want. If it's already established go for it!
I have a male apisto, and idk what my ram is

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
zwfish said:
I have a male apisto, and idk what my ram is
If you were to add them together would you like another of each type of fish or would you prefer it as it is? Do you have a pic of the ram I could see?

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can you get a clear picture while he's in the same position as the second one? From what I can see from these two it's a male. They can show characteristics of the opposite sex, but I'm sure it's male.

Edit** if you can't get a clear picture then nevermind. I like to double check using the breeding tube even when I'm confident based off other physical characteristics as females can look like males at times - though in this case it's probably not necessary

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say male also but don't have good track record with BR ..yet..:shifty:
Think your good in a 120 .
4 footer or 6.
Most now a day are 4x2 [I have 2]..

OP
Z

zwfish

Reaction score
Feohw said:
Can you get a clear picture while he's in the same position as the second one? From what I can see from these two it's a male. They can show characteristics of the opposite sex, but I'm sure it's male.

Edit** if you can't get a clear picture then nevermind. I like to double check using the breeding tube even when I'm confident based off other physical characteristics as females can look like males at times - though in this case it's probably not necessary

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
coralbandit said:
I would say male also but don't have good track record with BR ..yet..:shifty:
Think your good in a 120 .
4 footer or 6.
Most now a day are 4x2 [I have 2]..
I'm the same with GBR, though that's mainly because I haven't looked into them much. Bolivians can be quite easy when they aren't trying to trick ya by showing wrong characteristics.

I'd still say male. I can't really see the breeding tube in that pic but my answer would be the same.

Lajos

Reaction score
zwfish said:
Can I put a apistogramma caucatoides and Bolivian ram in the same 120 gallon tall?
If your tank is 6 foot by 2 foot, it's definitely yes.

In fact, you can easily put at least 5 apistogrammas and 5 Bolivian Rams for your tank size.
Both Apistogramma caucatoides and Bolivian ram are not very aggressive.

New Threads