Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

120 Gallon Aquarium Stocking Plan Idea

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Nicholas pilgrim, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Nicholas pilgrimValued MemberMember

hi all i have a aqua one brilliance 150. I currently have the fish listed below inhabiting this aquarium and was wondering weather a keyhole cichlid could be added if not what other fish could.
    current stocking
    - 6 bronze cory
    - 1 GBR (german ram)
    - 2 porthole catfish
    - 3 boesmani rainbows
    - 6 black phantom tetra
    - 1 bristlenose
    - 5 neons (can be moved to other tank)
    thanks, all opinions are welcome

2. M-StokesValued MemberMember

You need to increase the amount of schooling fish you have before thinking about other fish. The Cory's can go to atleast 12, porthole cats should be a group of 3 atleast, the rainbows should be 5 atleast, but more is better. Black phantom tetra can get nippy in low numbers, so up the school to 9. The keyhole chiclid should be fine as long as the temp stays around 77-78 degrees F. If you want some top dwelling fish there's Silver hatchet fish and wrestling halfbeak, but you will most likely have to order them online.

3. Nicholas pilgrimValued MemberMember

thanks ill do that than.

4. Nicholas pilgrimValued MemberMember

Hi all, just wondering weather this stocking plan is good for my 120g (aqua one brilliance 150) before i go out and by the fish. If possible i was wondering what other fish could be added to this stock. the stock is below.
    - 1 german blue ram
    - 3 porthole catfish
    - 5 neon tetra
    - 8 phantom tetra
    - 8 bronze cory
    - 4 boesmani rainbow
    - 1 keyhole cichlid
    - 1 bristlenose pleco
    thanks in advance