12 gallon empty tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by raptorsvt79, Apr 17, 2010.

1. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

so i have an empty 12 gallon tank now.....i'm thinking it would be a great home for a crowntail betta....but i don't know if the marineland tank's filter will create too much of a current for it....any ideas out there....should i go for a betta or something else and would tank mates, should i consider...they don't have to be fish...

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Have you considered 2 dwarf puffers instead of a betta?

Or a school of bala sharks? (I am just kidding)

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Have you thought about the african dwarf frog? I'm hoping one our experienced ADF members sees this thread to verify, but I think you could four in a 12g. I adore mine. They're so cute and not so smart when you feed them, so that kinda adds to the fun.

4. SuaveValued MemberMember

ADFs are AWESOME! I'm actually hoping to get a couple some time soon[: If you haven't owned any yet I would definitely recommend trying them out!

5. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

thats an idea...i wonder what kind of tank decorations they would enjoy

6. platy benWell Known MemberMember

I think they like quite a lot of caves and shady areas :)

7. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

You can always diffuse the filter outflow with something homemade if you're worried about current being too strong. Rubber bands and a piece of foam will do it. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice