12 gallon eclipse

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i'm not selling this right now, but if i did how much should i ask for it? it has been in use for a year and now that i got the 40 gallon, i don't have any room to have it set up....it works great...but don't know how much i can ask for it?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi raptor, I moved your thread out of the b/s/t forum since you are not selling anything.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First thought = excellent q-tank back up

Second thought = whenever I sell something 2nd hand, I look at the current market value for brand new. Generally I would accept from 40% of new value, depending on what else I was including.

If you could provide it 'fully cycled' (harder with the bio-wheel setups), then that might attract a higher price.

I work in retail (electrical), but generally I find that people would prefer to buy brand new unless it's a bargain.

For example, I currently have a Fluval canister filter that I'm not using, and if I were to sell it, I would probably ask 60-70% of brand new value because I can provide brand new, never used, still in packaging media for it.

That's just me though.

HitchHiker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would see what used ones were going for on eBay and craigslist.org, and other such place, and then determine what price you would be willing to accept for it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom