117 Gallon tank how many fish???

AngelSta

Reaction score
OK, i'm new to all of this tropical fish stuff but have owned goldfish for agers and getting slightly **ahem** board!! so i've dun all the research, i no about ph, nitate, ammonia etc. any way how many fish can i put in my 117 gallon tank (yes i no it's huge((so huge i had to buy 2 heaters!!!))) . Also i am putting some zebra danios into the tank and rising the temp. up slowly, but what i want 2 no is wat sort of fish r good 4 putting in the tank first (after it's cycled)?? i was thimking along da lines of guppys, swrdtails, guarmis. Please help, much appeciated!!!!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now is the time to do lots of reasearch and dreaming. This is part of the fun. What kinds of fish do you like? It would make the perfect loach tank
Carol

AngelSta

Reaction score
Thanks, what sort of loaches do you reccommend for a beginner? :

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Clown Loaches are wonderful but get very large and that tank would hold three for a very long time but they would eventually out grow it.
Yoyo (Botia almorhae), kuhli (pangio kuhli and pangio javanikus) these are the black and also the striped, zebra (Botia striata), dwarf (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)and angelicus (Botia kubotai ). all these loaches are friendly community fish.They also love to have others of their own kind around(need three or more) and the more of each you have the funnier they are. they are almost like little kids or puppies playing. I have had pleasant experiences with all the above (as you can tell I love my loaches ) hid more than I like but are beautiful. I also have hillstream loaches but they need special care.
Heres a great place to see pictures and research loaches if you would like. https://www.loaches.com/
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom