115 Gallon Oscar Tank

A201

Fishlore VIP
If the Oscar is a juvenile, the listed group of fish might be able to coexist for awhile. As the Oscar matures its likely that the tankmate population will begin to dwindle.
Like most fish, an Oscar will eat any fish small enough to fit in his mouth. A 115 gal tank is plenty big for an Oscar, but a full sized 12" Oscar will make it look relatively small.
An adult Red Tail Shark might survive provided enough hardscape exists.
I've come across successful seemingly unworkable fish communities before. Maybe yours will succeed. Good luck & post updates & pics.

OP
grumpybush24

grumpybush24

A201 said:
If the Oscar is a juvenile, the listed group of fish might be able to coexist for awhile. As the Oscar matures its likely that the tankmate population will begin to dwindle.
Like most fish, an Oscar will eat any fish small enough to fit in his mouth. A 115 gal tank is plenty big for an Oscar, but a full sized 12" Oscar will make it look relatively small.
An adult Red Tail Shark might survive provided enough hardscape exists.
I've come across successful seemingly unworkable fish communities before. Maybe yours will succeed. Good luck & post updates & pics.
I Can try anway, its a full grown red tail and its very passive. ill buy a juvinile oscar and grow it up with the others, i heard that really helps. Do you rekon if i took the angels out and put in like 5 firemouths if that would be better?

A201

Fishlore VIP
It does help raising tankmates together as juveniles. Might consider another good sized cichlid like a male Rivulatus / Green Terror or one of the bigger varieties of Geophagus, instead of an Oscar. Really cool cichlids, but don't grow quite as big.

New Threads