110 Gallon Build

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by LizzyCupcake, Jan 11, 2019 at 7:53 PM.

1. LizzyCupcake

LizzyCupcakeValued MemberMember

I got a good deal on an 110 gallon for my two oscars and clownknife. I paid 600 for the tank, stand, sump w/overflow box, lights, and accessories. When I first got it I had no idea how to set up the sump, so I made my best effort to use the pieces that came with it to set it up. This resulted in leaks and a broken pump. I started by ordering a new pump that was 475 gph. When I hooked it up it was just a trickle of water coming out of the output. I returned it and got a 1475 gph pump (which worked perfectly). I then had to get a new pipes for the output, which took a lot of trial and error. And after 2 solid weeks of work and trips to Home Depot I can proudly say I put in my clownknife tonight :D. He seems to be doing fine. He is about 13 inches and I have had him for almost 2 years. I plan on putting my two oscars tomorrow. They are 12 inches each, one is black and one is white and they have also had some fry. I just wanted to post this because I’m really excited that I finally got it working! This is my first “aquarium build”.

Attached Files:

2. Klink

KlinkValued MemberMember

Sumps can be tedious. I also made many home Depot trips when putting together my 120. A great feeling if satisfaction once you figure it out though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice