11-12 Yo Cory With White A Couple Of Smooth White Patches Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by ToolaRoola, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ToolaRoolaNew MemberMember

Popping in to ask, if anyone knows off-hand which thing nowadays is similar to Maracyn 2? It seems that's harder to find. I guess or which thing would work. We've had these fish so long without much trouble (11-12 years for the two originals still in there), and they've laid eggs and had young, so we've gone from 2 in the 10 gallon to 3-5 adults and the rest really small ones that are often hard to spot/count (8 total). With them being active, we've held off on the siphoning a bit just while there were minute babies in there at times. But, these smooth spots which have gone from 2 to now 3, happened a few months after my dd put some plants in there and stirred things up a little and after she laid eggs again (about a week ago). They really dash all over and she may have scraped herself. Also, the light burned out for ~4 days before we got a new one and that's when we noticed it. In the past, malefix has done nothing, while macaryn has (I think we've used it twice over the years). Is API Furan 2 what I'm after? IDK! I'd like it not to kill plants or disturb the natural biological filter, if possible. We're doing more frequent partial water changes and things aren't improving. TIA!

2. DaleM

DaleMWell Known MemberMember

Can't help much with your questions sorry, but 11-12 years is pretty good going for Cories!!

3. OP
    OP
    T

ToolaRoolaNew MemberMember

Thanks! They were real tiny when we were gifted them. We have gotten REALLY attached to them. :)

4. OP
    OP
    T

ToolaRoolaNew MemberMember

I decided to order the Maracyn 2. thanks!

5. DaleM

I love my Sterbai Corys, my favourite fish in my tank. Not sure how old they are as they were basically fully grown when I got them. Such awesome little fish though!

6. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

There is a C.sterbai that got 42 !!!!
    Any pics of the fish / spots?

7. DaleM

Gee, my Sterbai might outlive me and I'm only 30

8. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I hope they won't mate !
    I mean to say I hope you outlive them !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice