10l Solitary Fish (other Than Betta)

theRqua

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was wondering if there's another type of fish I can add as a solitary fish other than a Betta
If not, I am wondering about any other fish in the form of schools, too.
I am really open-minded, so long as it's not a Betta

Thanks

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Quick question...do you mean 10 Liters? Or 10g leader? 10g Long? L can stand for a lot of things lol

HORNET1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have a lovely Gold Gourami named "Fester" that is very anti-social. He absolutely terrorized everyone in my 29 gallon community tank.
I purchased a Fluval Spec V and put him in isolation with intentions of eventually returning him to the community tank.
However, he seemed so content that I decided to make the Spec V his permanent home.
I scaped the tank with driftwood, anubias and wisteria and added a Nerite snail.
That's been over a year ago and he is doing quite well and is active and happy.

EDIT: "Know-it alls" may disagree, but I digress.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A 5 gal tank is much too small for a gold gourami, so please don't add one to your 10 liter tank.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Discus-Tang said:
I do not believe 10 liters is big enough to support fish, bettas need 5+ gallons. Maybe sparkling gourami but not sure.
If it is 10 litres then that would be too small for sparkling gourami. They like to have plenty of hiding spaces. I'd do a shrimp tank in a 10l.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mazeus said:
If it is 10 litres then that would be too small for sparkling gourami. They like to have plenty of hiding spaces. I'd do a shrimp tank in a 10l.
Yeah I'd do a shrimp tank.

I saw this thing once that was called the "2.8 Liter betta'habitat'". Jesus Christ, that's smaller than the milk cartons I buy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom