10gal stocking.

Themaniac19

I'm going to keep a FOWLR (with inverts), but I might keep some corals in the distant future. Is this an alright stocking? An occelaris clownfish, and one or two smaller fish (goby or firefish maybe)? If not, what's a good fish to go with the clown, if any? I was also thinking of adding a turbo snail, sixish blue legged hermit crabs, a porcelain crab, and one or two shrimp. Is this okay? I read that the blues might eat the snail. Any suggestions for the shrimp?

Coradee

Bumping this up for you

Slug

I personally think that will be fine. A clown pair plus a smaller goby or clown, firefish, and smaller goby. And I'd stick to the smaller gobies like the neon or clown gobies. If you want a shrimp I would do only one and I would do either goby or shrimp but not both. I would do skunk cleaner if I were doing a shrimp.

I'd skip the Turbo unless you are overrun with a certain algae and he is being used specifically for that where he will be removed later. They get quite large and knock over everything in their way.

I never liked hermits on my CUC, my CUC was always just snails. Dwarf Ceriths, Certiths, Nerites, and Nassarius when I had a sandbed. To me hermits were just a pain in the butt. Knocked over coral frags, constantly bothered snails and other hermits fighting over shells when there were plenty of extras, never seemed to really put a dent in any algae, and bothered coral by climbing all over them. I got rid of them and consider hermits about worthless now. Just my opinion.

Themaniac19

Thanks! I'll probably still get the hermits since they're one of my favourite creatures (I have two land ones). One last question, I just found some zoanthid polyps closed up on a piece of live rock. Will they survive the cycling process?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Theulli
Replies
Views
oscarmk
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
  • Question