10g Stocking

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I want to spruce up my 10g tank now that my sad snail has passed. I'd like to add a small schooling fish if possible. The only resident is a betta who is quite friendly towards others. This tank has black gravel, and is sparcely planted with silk plants, but I'm transitioning to live, in the end it'll be densly planted. This tank also has a sponge filter.

Thanks in advanced!!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Kysarkel000 said:
I want to spruce up my 10g tank now that my sad snail has passed. I'd like to add a small schooling fish if possible. The only resident is a betta who is quite friendly towards others. This tank has black gravel, and is sparcely planted with silk plants, but I'm transitioning to live, in the end it'll be densly planted. This tank also has a sponge filter.

Thanks in advanced!!
10 gallons is a bit too small for a betta community unfortunately. You could try some dwarf shrimp if you're not worried about them becoming a betta snack.

NinaB

Reaction score
I personally would be hesitant to add any other fish in that small of a tank with a betta, but you might be able to get away with some shrimp?

I added 4 ghost shrimp to my 10g betta tank and after investigating what they were, he was fine with them. Although that's also quite a gamble as there's a large chance that your betta won't accept the shrimp and kill them.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That would be a weird combination, not sure how it would work out. Bamboo shrimp are filter feeding shrimp so they like some current so they can hold up their fans and collect food. If the betta doesn't mind some flow in part of the tank it might work

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
That would be a weird combination, not sure how it would work out. Bamboo shrimp are filter feeding shrimp so they like some current so they can hold up their fans and collect food. If the betta doesn't mind some flow in part of the tank it might work
Thanks again! I think I'll give it a try. My betta previously had a HOB filter when he was in his 5g, but I switched things up a bit. I can always switch the filters around though (he needs the exercise anyways lol)!

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here is one of my new inhabitants! The other one is hiding currently, but they both seem to be getting used to the new tank quite well. I named this one Bamboozle and the other one (he's darker) is Doodle lol
MVIMG_20180527_134427.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom