10G stocking with julii (?) corydoras

krispix24

I have a 10G that I started about 3 months ago. It currently has 3 what were sold to me as julii corydoras. Honestly I am not that concerned with the actual species. My original plan was to have those three with three guppies. Unfortunately the guppies didn't make it (note not everyone was added to the tank at the same time). I have decided to stick with the corydoras because I really like them. But I would also like a snail. So my question is... in a 10G can I reasonably do 5 of this species of corydoras, plus a snail? Also any snail type recommendations?

Mlou

In a nicely planted tank that is fully cycled and properly filtered and has good water circulation, I think you can have up to 8-9 juliis without any problems. They will be happier too. And with a big snail that doesnt lay a ton of eggs would be great too. Be careful as you might get lots of julii eggs and you may end up upgrading your tank size or numbers to house cory babies and then the grown offsprings. LOL

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Hello,

You corys are almost certainly Corydoras trilineatus. They're commonly sold as juliis, but are a different species. True juliis are rarely available for sale. I wouldn't recommend getting them for a 10 gallon tank, but since you already have them it should be okay. For the snail, I'd suggest either a nerite or mystery. Nerites are better at cleaning algae, but mysteries are probably more entertaining to watch.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
V1K
  • Question
Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
  • Question
Replies
Views