10g stocking options - Page 2

Matthew052248

Hello! i have a cycled non live planted 10g tank that currently has a betta. and i jus wanted to know your guys opinions on what i am thinking about stocking options. I also have a cycled 5g(not live planted). for the 10 g tank, i want to put pygmy (dwarf) corys and some white cloud mountain minnows, but dont know how many of each? any advice on the stocking and how many? for the 5g i think im gonna put the betta back in there (as it was previously there in the 5g) ,and maybe add some ghost shrimp in there in the future, (had them before with the same female betta, it worked out perfectly) so... basic overview on stocking: 10g: pygmy corys, and white cloud mountain minnows (need help to know how many or if you guys think its a good idea) 5g: betta and some ghost shrimp, Thanks in advance!

Matthew052248

nope its just some yummy protien to them lol
alright perfect, thanks for all the help! I greatly appreciate it, i will let you know on any updates or once i get the honey gourami, Thanks!

Upvote 0

RedOnion

alright perfect, thanks for all the help! I greatly appreciate it, i will let you know on any updates or once i get the honey gourami, Thanks!
no problem! best of luck with your tank

Upvote 0

wateriswet

When you go to pickup your honey gourami, post a picture to the gourami section of Fish Lore and ask for help IDing the species. Lots of stores sell "sunset" honey gourami which are really a hybrid between honeys and the bigger, more aggressive thick lipped gourami.
I accidentally got a male and female "sunset" gourami instead of true honeys and put them in a heavily planted 20 gallon. The male constantly chased the female and was a real jerk. Even when she would hide, he would go looking for her so he could peck at her more. Despite how aggressive and territorial he was with the female and other large-ish fish, they both completely ignored the julii corydoras I had in there. I guess my advice would be to only get one "honey" gourami unless you can get help confirming that they really are honeys before getting a pair.
You can tell gender by the fins. Males have pointer top and bottom fins that can be a little longer than female's which are rounder and a little shorter.

Upvote 0

Matthew052248

When you go to pickup your honey gourami, post a picture to the gourami section of Fish Lore and ask for help IDing the species. Lots of stores sell "sunset" honey gourami which are really a hybrid between honeys and the bigger, more aggressive thick lipped gourami.
I accidentally got a male and female "sunset" gourami instead of true honeys and put them in a heavily planted 20 gallon. The male constantly chased the female and was a real jerk. Even when she would hide, he would go looking for her so he could peck at her more. Despite how aggressive and territorial he was with the female and other large-ish fish, they both completely ignored the julii corydoras I had in there. I guess my advice would be to only get one "honey" gourami unless you can get help confirming that they really are honeys before getting a pair.
You can tell gender by the fins. Males have pointer top and bottom fins that can be a little longer than female's which are rounder and a little shorter.
will do, i will post a pic of my male honey gourami on the gourami section, never knew that honey gouramis can get mixed up like some other species of fish. Thank you and i will let you guys know!!

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

I would max out at two honey gouramis. 10 gallons is the absolute minimum for them so adding a third wouldn’t be an option unfortunately. And as for the breeding gouramis make bubble nests so they put their eggs into bubbles at the top of the tank. So if you don’t want them to breed just get rid of the bubble nests

Upvote 0

Matthew052248

I would max out at two honey gouramis. 10 gallons is the absolute minimum for them so adding a third wouldn’t be an option unfortunately. And as for the breeding gouramis make bubble nests so they put their eggs into bubbles at the top of the tank. So if you don’t want them to breed just get rid of the bubble nests
yea theres no way im putting 3 thats too overstocked, im gonna get one and we'll see where i want to go from then

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Cadgey
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
  • Question
Replies
Views