10g stocking options

Tallen78

Active Member
Member
Messages
477
Reaction score
190
Experience
Just started
Good morning I currently have a 10g up and running all cycled and ready for fish so my question is what type of trio can I put in there permanently that will breed I have guppy’s and endlers and I also have rams and killifish not interested in bettas cause I don’t want to separate them I really like some of the Apistogrammas but looking for something exotic that’s carries a lot of color any and all ideas are appreciated
 

Donovan Jones

Well Known
Member
Messages
850
Reaction score
457
Location
Pennsylvania
Experience
More than 10 years
Medaka are in high demand, super easy to breed as well. You may need to separate the fry though. That could be as simple as moving the spawning mops to an empty established tank til u see babies.
Least killies are easy as ramen.
Elassoma are a challenge if u cant provide live food but worth it.
You could do endlers as well.
Pygmaeus corydoras tend to let eggs and fry alone.

For setup, just add a bunch of moss and floaters, a sponge filter and a thin layer of substrate.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
T

Tallen78

Active Member
Member
Messages
477
Reaction score
190
Experience
Just started
Donovan Jones said:
Medaka are in high demand, super easy to breed as well. You may need to separate the fry though. That could be as simple as moving the spawning mops to an empty established tank til u see babies.
Least killies are easy as ramen.
Elassoma are a challenge if u cant provide live food but worth it.
You could do endlers as well.
Pygmaeus corydoras tend to let eggs and fry alone.

For setup, just add a bunch of moss and floaters, a sponge filter and a thin layer of substrate.
The tank has a lot of plants so far java moss,wystera And water sprite in it now I have several other tanks so I can add more if needed I was looking at daisy blue rice fish pretty cool looking
 

Donovan Jones

Well Known
Member
Messages
850
Reaction score
457
Location
Pennsylvania
Experience
More than 10 years
Tallen78 said:
The tank has a lot of plants so far java moss,wystera And water sprite in it now I have several other tanks so I can add more if needed I was looking at daisy blue rice fish pretty cool looking
They'd work. Not sure if they eat eggs or fry but if they're like medaka in that respect, eggs will be fine but fry may not. What might work best is to let them in the tank for a week or 2 once breeding starts then move them to another and raise the babies in the first.
 

Megaanemp

Well Known
Member
Messages
821
Reaction score
320
Location
Canada
Experience
Just started
I personally wouldn’t put Harlequin Rasboras in a 10 gallon. I feel that they are very active swimmers. I think sparkling Gouramis would be super cool or maybe even just a school of Pygmy Corys.
 

Pfrozen

Well Known
Member
Messages
751
Reaction score
462
Megaanemp said:
I personally wouldn’t put Harlequin Rasboras in a 10 gallon. I feel that they are very active swimmers. I think sparkling Gouramis would be super cool or maybe even just a school of Pygmy Corys.
Fair enough, the minimum tank size on most websites says 10 gallons and my fish seem pretty happy but I've heard a couple people say that on here and I'm not so obtuse as to not hear it :D If it ever becomes a problem I'm more than willing to put them in a larger tank. I've already spent so much time and effort on these fish that I'd put them in a 100g if I had to lol. When it's all grown in I'll post it on here, I'm doing it Blackwater and will be simulating the exact or close to exact conditions they're native to, gonna be p cool I think!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9
OP
T

Tallen78

Active Member
Member
Messages
477
Reaction score
190
Experience
Just started
Pfrozen said:
Fair enough, the minimum tank size on most websites says 10 gallons and my fish seem pretty happy but I've heard a couple people say that on here and I'm not so obtuse as to not hear it :D If it ever becomes a problem I'm more than willing to put them in a larger tank. I've already spent so much time and effort on these fish that I'd put them in a 100g if I had to lol. When it's all grown in I'll post it on here, I'm doing it Blackwater and will be simulating the exact or close to exact conditions they're native to, gonna be p cool I think!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10
OP
T

Tallen78

Active Member
Member
Messages
477
Reaction score
190
Experience
Just started
I have a few other tanks running the 10g was purchased for a qt but I was given a 20g so now I have the 10 just sitting it is cycled I used a seeded sponge and threw a few guppy’s in to maintain things I was thinking a trio of something really colorful and not in every ones tank
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
240
Guests online
3,179
Total visitors
3,419

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom