10G rescape

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Figured I’d share with the good ol’ community how my 10 is looking :)

Quite empty at the minute! I’m trying to give it a ‘minimalist’ look, by keeping it simple but effective. Hoping my Amazon Sword arrives soon so I can root-tab it up and have a healthy background plant! Another Anubias will also be attached and glued on to some Cholla wood on the front :)

The main theme is to keep all wires/necessities out of sight as much as possible. I’ll probably start a fishless cycle next week for it :)

Attachments

barbiespoodle

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like the look of plants glued to cholla wood, haven't thought of that and I have a feeling I'm going to steal that idea for the 10 gallon I'm now cycling. Now that you have given me the idea, I think that I will be gluing java moss onto one of the cholla wood I have in the tank. It will be a shrimp tank in the end and java moss is a given, now I have a place to put it. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

You have a wonderful start, I see the beauty in it, you have an artistic eye. I'm more into the chaotic look in my tanks, but that don't mean I can't see where you are going and appreciate it.

Just remember the amazon sword might get big. I have 4 in two different tanks and in each, one has gotten big and one has remained small, have no reason as to why even though every one of them look beautiful, full, green and growing. Even so, I put one in my cycling 10 gallon and time will tell which way it goes :rolleyes:.

Again, lovely tank!!!!!! Let us know how things go.

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
barbiespoodle said:
I like the look of plants glued to cholla wood, haven't thought of that and I have a feeling I'm going to steal that idea for the 10 gallon I'm now cycling. Now that you have given me the idea, I think that I will be gluing java moss onto one of the cholla wood I have in the tank. It will be a shrimp tank in the end and java moss is a given, now I have a place to put it. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

You have a wonderful start, I see the beauty in it, you have an artistic eye. I'm more into the chaotic look in my tanks, but that don't mean I can't see where you are going and appreciate it.

Just remember the amazon sword might get big. I have 4 in two different tanks and in each, one has gotten big and one has remained small, have no reason as to why even though every one of them look beautiful, full, green and growing. Even so, I put one in my cycling 10 gallon and time will tell which way it goes :rolleyes:.

Again, lovely tank!!!!!! Let us know how things go.
Your welcome! Your shrimp will love cholla wood! As it’s a soft wood, it will over time breakdown in the aquarium and prior to this, it will produce a ton of biofilm which your shrimp will love!

Thank you! I feel with this tank, less will be more if you catch my drift ;) Yes I have been told about the size of Swords! I am quite happy for it to take over the back of the tank, I feel like either the black background or the Amazon Sword will provide a compelling backdrop to the fire red of Chili’s!

Thank you for your kind words my friend, I needed to hear them just now more than you realise :)

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Had my Amazon Sword and Anubias come today, however my Cholla wood hasn’t arrived so the Anubias is floating for now! The tank is coming along nicely now and as far as plants, it’s complete. Just waiting for the plants to establish now for a month or so and then I’ll start my cycle and get rid of the Mopani wood!

Attachments

New Threads