10g redo

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Damien808, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Damien808

Damien808 Valued Member Member

After going on vacation for a few days I came back to one dead neon tetra and no dead leaves on my plants surprisingly. I decided to do a water change and to trim and move my plants around. I think it looks better now. I have three neons would getting two or three more be better in this tank?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. TSgtSparky

TSgtSparky New Member Member

Neon tetras are a schooling fish so I would have at least six minimum. I love schooling fish. I have 15 tiger barbs in a 55g tank along with 4 clowns. They all school together and it's fun to see at feeding time!

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Neon tetras need a group of 6+ of their own species.
    And they also need a bigger tank than a 10g. So not in this tank, I'd rehome them and get at least 6 of either Celestial pearl danios, ember tetras, or chili rasboras.

4. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I keep a school of 6 neons and three embers in my 10 gal with no problem. They have been there for a year. When my store gets some embers in then I will pick up 2 or three more. I would up the school of neons in the tank you have now. Just my opinion. Alison

5. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

Agree, I would up the neons to 6 or 8. They will be fine in your 10 gal.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Neons need more space..... embers however are fine in a 10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice