10G Mahachai/Briggitae Scape

LadfromLondon

Well Known
This will be a new home for some of my buddies! I think the best part of it all is I didn’t bother washing the gravel and it didn’t cloud :D

I have still a got of val to move in at the back to provide a lot of cover for the Rasboras.

It’ll be running 2x sponge filters so I can keep one cycled for QT and it will not have a lid since the Driftwood looks too good for me to chop :(

Does anyone think I should keep the water level lower than it is to help prevent jumpers?
C17CCBE1-1158-4762-BE1B-56DADFC94244.jpeg

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Looks great. I also have a lidless tank. The trick to preventing jumping is a wall of floating plants. There's a lot to choose from with both large and small roots.

You can also look into an arched lid. I have one on my 10g, it doesn't come with a light but your driftwood should more than fit.

Option 3 would be building a custom lid.

Attachments

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Ghelfaire said:
Looks great. I also have a lidless tank. The trick to preventing jumping is a wall of floating plants. There's a lot to choose from with both large and small roots.

You can also look into an arched lid. I have one on my 10g, it doesn't come with a light but your driftwood should more than fit.

Option 3 would be building a custom lid.
Cheers! I have some frogbit but nothing like your floating wall. I hope it grows in but fuller. I’ll trail it without the lid and experiment, I hope I don’t have to put a lid on :)

Joshaeus

Well Known
Cool tank! I wouldn't trust any wild betta in there even with all those floating plants, honestly...they are much more obsessive jumpers than domesticated bettas. Don't mahachai bettas prefer much harder water than boraras species?

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Joshaeus said:
Cool tank! I wouldn't trust any wild betta in there even with all those floating plants, honestly...they are much more obsessive jumpers than domesticated bettas. Don't mahachai bettas prefer much harder water than boraras species?
Thank you! I’m not sure about water hardness for both. Both my aquariums run RO and all seem to be living well with me thankfully :)

Scaped and stocked! :)
BF405033-BD73-41D4-B4F2-457853DC8E5B.jpeg

capitalistTomNook

LadfromLondon said:
This will be a new home for some of my buddies! I think the best part of it all is I didn’t bother washing the gravel and it didn’t cloud :D

I have still a got of val to move in at the back to provide a lot of cover for the Rasboras.

It’ll be running 2x sponge filters so I can keep one cycled for QT and it will not have a lid since the Driftwood looks too good for me to chop :(

Does anyone think I should keep the water level lower than it is to help prevent jumpers?
C17CCBE1-1158-4762-BE1B-56DADFC94244.jpeg
Your tank is gorgeous!

New Threads