10g Guppy Tank

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Platies and Guppies are two different families. They can't crossbreed. Maybe you had a Molly that you thought was a Platy?

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oops! So
wrs2 said:
Platies and Guppies are two different families. they can't crossbreed. Maybe you had a Molly that you thought was a Platy?
Oops! I wrote platy but was thinking molly!!! Lol

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would get more than 1 Ghost Shrimp. I got 10 and within a week I was down to 3. I don't think that they are all that hardy as a lot of times they are breed for food instead of pets.
BUT the ones I have are awesome! They eat all the extra food, I bought 10 feeder guppies and they all ended up dying over night, and guess what? The three shrimp ate them! They are such a great cleaning crew!

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wrs2 said:
I would get more than 1 Ghost Shrimp. I got 10 and within a week I was down to 3. I don't think that they are all that hardy as a lot of times they are breed for food instead of pets.
BUT the ones I have are awesome! They eat all the extra food, I bought 10 feeder guppies and they all ended up dying over night, and guess what? The three shrimp ate them! They are such a great cleaning crew!
Oh! Some of my GS have lasted for about 2 years! At my LFS they are even labeled as "feeder shrimp (ghost shrimp)"

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 3 that are doing great, but they are so poorly bred that a big quantity of them won't last long.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom