They are often like sleeping
    behind filter , plastic plants . . . .
    But they seem active when i am about to feed them . Are they ok or do
    they hav some problem?
    What other fish can i add wid
    them?

2. Daac

Daac Well Known Member Member

Ok for starters do you know about the nitrogen cycle? This is very important. Also your tank is overstocked- a pearl gourami should not be in any tank other than 20 or bigger preferrably bigger (30+). I don't know how big gold gouramis get but I assume they are in the same boat. The only gourami I would keep in a 10 gallon is a sparkling gourami or a honey gourami and I would keep them alone. They may not have enough spots to hide which is why they are always hiding. Gouramis are very reclusive fish and need to feel secure. Without lots of hiding spots they will not come out much. Also the fish being in too small a tank could add to that reclusiveness as well. I would consider upgrading your tank or rehoming your fish for something like small tetras or guppies or shrimp for the 10 gallon.

3. OP
    OP
    e

eminence9 Valued Member Member

thanx daac , n i hav read abt nitrgn cycle jus yesterday
    my friend have this setup .
    Metoo wil get a 30G or 40G tank soon, theres my othr thread in here:)
    can u tel me what i can stock in 30G ?
    I only lyk fish which have fins like gaurami goldfish etc but dont want a goldy or shrimps

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum

I agree with Daac

5. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Three spot Gouramis get around 6 inhes and are very aggressive, especially if they feel cramped up. 55 is usually best for them.