10g coldwater fish ideas?

megnbug

just ordered a new 10g tank & i have no clue what to put in it. im planning on a coldwater tank bc i dont want to have to order another heater (my house can go down to the mid 60s in winter so good heaters for tanks can be expensive). any ideas of what to stock? im not planning on having many plants as the led lights that i have are very low and im trying to save money on this by not getting all new stuff the tank comes with a basic hob although some have described the flow as a bit much. please give suggestions!!

ruud

I run a few tanks that are heavily planted with java fern (trident variant) without artificial light; ambient room light suffices for these plants. Placing java fern below the hob ensures the flow in your tank is reduced considerably.
For any unheated tanks, where temp can drop to mid 60s, any Dario species could work, but they are tiny fish that don't move a lot and require live foods. Males are highly territorial, and you'll most likely find males only in shops. In a heavily planted, established 10 gallon tank, 1 Dario could work as it can live from the microfauna in such a tank. If you like to add more Dario, than you could only keep 2 if the tank is heavily planted. I think adding live foods like Artemia is required in this scenario.

SouthAmericanCichlids

6 w(g)(r)cmm, and a pair or trio of killis.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Idkitsathrowaway
  • Question
Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics