100w Heater For 3.5g Tank

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That heater would probably work but is overkill. I have a 20 watt TopFin Betta heater in my 3.5 tank and it does the job very well. It keeps the tank at 78 when the room temp is 70. That is what it's preset at.

I know that tank btw. It's a TopFin Bettaflo. I have the Enchant.

TheKingofAquariums

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A 100w heater is omg way toooo powerful for a tank that size.
A 100w heater is designed for aquariums closer to 100 gallons. I would recommend a small preset heater with no temperature setting ability. This allows you to just plug in and all is good. You could safely use a betta heater.
Hope this helps

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A 100w heater is designed for aquariums closer to 100 gallons. I would recommend a small preset heater with no temperature setting ability. This allows you to just plug in and all is good. You could safely use a betta heater.
Hope this helps
nah, a 100w is designed for a 20-30 gallon. I also wouldn’t recommend a preset heater, they’re pretty unreliable and you might need to lower or raise the temp, so an adjustable heater is wayy better.

GEM8820

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hope this helps
I recommend the 25 watt Cobalt digital neotherm- most reliable heater I’ve ever used and I have it with my Betta in a 3 gallon fish bowl - it comes preset at 78 but you can adjust it with a button press- you can get it from 25 watts to 100 watts- look on Amazon or Chewey
upload_2018-9-7_5-0-37.jpeg

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I recommend the 25 watt Cobalt digital neotherm- most reliable heater I’ve ever used and I have it with my Betta in a 3 gallon fish bowl - it comes preset at 78 but you can adjust it with a button press- you can get it from 25 watts to 100 watts- look on Amazon or Chewey
View attachment 475913
I like that one. I just have the preset TopFin 20w Betta heater in my 3.5 and it does the job. It keeps the tank at a minimum of 79F when room temperature is 70. I do like that Cobalt one though. It costs more than twice as much as mine did though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom