2 female betta
6 guppy
11 neon tetra
2 gold fish
2 sword tail fish
3 tiger barb fish
1 Pleco
am i overstocking the tank
and i also have two types of internal filters in it i don't know if it's a good thing or not please give some comments if you can guys.

i wil post photos of them shortly.
Yes, very overstocked. My guess is the female Betta are hiding, the males have established territories. Angelfish are overcrowded. Neons are fine, but those guppies are likely dropping fry that will have others following them- and Angels can be territorial fin nippers.

Goldfish need to go in a different tank, alone as they don’t have the same needs as your other fish.

The only reason these fish are surviving is the double filters. Hope you are watching chemistry closely, and keeping up with water changes!

Laural

Reaction score
i have a 100 liter tank and in it i have
3 angelfish
2 male betta who are not fighting!
2 female betta
6 guppy
11 neon tetra
2 gold fish
2 sword tail fish
3 tiger barb fish
1 Pleco
and i also have two types of internal filters in it i don't know if it's a good thing or not please give some comments if you can guys.

Yes, you are rather overstocked. The fish may look healthy now, but trust me from experience, it will get worse. I once overstocked a 10 gallon with a betta, three Cory cats, a molly, and two platties. They all passed within months. I suggest removing the gold fish as they actually require cold water and very different parameters and produce a ton of waste. I also suggest removing your pleco and both male bettas. The pleco also produces much waste while the angel fish will more than likely attack the long flowing fins of the male bettas. Not to mention, once they find each other, they will fight over territory and the two females before killing one another. As for the pleco, replace it with a group of 8 Pygmy cory cats OR 6 normal corydoras catfish. I suggest getting peppered corries as they are widely available and are very hardy. They group together better than mixed species will and have tons of personality. Rather than just getting rid of the males, replace them with another female that is around the same size as the other two you have. This will create what is known as a betta sorority. The bettas with fight and nip for the first few days, but will eventually settle with their territories.
Remove the tiger barbs as well. They are semi aggressive and once they max out in size, will more than likely chase other fish as well. Angel fish are also rather aggressive, but can get along well with female bettas due to the lack of flowing tails. Swordtail mollies are also not a great idea for your bettas. I have had my mollies gang up on my bettas many times to the point where my male lost his entire fin. The betta will pick the fight, and lose horribly. Or it may be the other way around, where one of the mollies loses on of their fins and passes because it can’t keep up with the others. Make sure to have plenty of plants for your fish to hide inside. The water should be filtered by them as well. I suggest Marimo moss balls, Java fern and moss (the moss free floats, but the fern should be attached to wood using uncolored thread. It barely grows otherwise), anubias nana (also needs to be attached to wood), and dwarf lily (place it where there is little light filtering through as it does best in low light conditions). All of these plants are low maintenance plants that grow rapidly and help filter well. Add some SEED bacteria to your water too along with prime water conditioner. It works extremely well at quickly building a biological filter and will make caring for it so much simpler!

Crazycoryfishlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Let’s give the Op a chance to respond before bombarding them with more & more questions or making assumptions, & please remember that English may not be their first language.
I know we're all just trying to help...
And op didn't leave the forum yet..
Has been active in their other threads but it appears they're avoiding this one..

They have pretty much all the info they need... If they need help they'd continue to ask for it...
I want to keeo giving advice as well as participating in the conversation, but I know we're overloading them.

So maybe this thread should be locked for now...
And op can make a new thread if they need more help..

Priceless67

Reaction score
3 angelfish
2 female betta
6 guppy
11 neon tetra
2 gold fish
2 sword tail fish
3 tiger barb fish
1 Pleco

The pleco will only grow as big as the tank, the goldfish can be in a heated tank and the mystery fish is a rainbow rasbora

Lynn78too

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No one seems to have mentioned that the angels will also eat the neons once the angels get bigger. When you go into a store there should be a tag that says what the size of the fish will be. Those may not be completely accurate but they're not off by 1'.

Cocofish

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
3 angelfish
2 female betta
6 guppy
11 neon tetra
2 gold fish
2 sword tail fish
3 tiger barb fish
1 Pleco

I think you should consider selling these as there’s no way you have the space or tank mats to make this work. Sell them take that money and find a small fish you like and put a school of those in to start. Study up and you’ll be fine. But you gotta get rid of these pronto. Your guppies and neon sand sword tale could stay. The rest will have to go pay their rent elsewhere there is no other solution

Heathen

Valued Member
Reaction score
The pleco will only grow as big as the tank, the goldfish can be in a heated tank and the mystery fish is a rainbow rasbora
This is false-not to jumble the thread. I believe I touched on this in my prior reply, keeping it short and sweet here. Fish do not grow to tank size, the only time this happens is when their body is stunted but their internal organs keep growing. This is not always apparent but it does shorten their life span. Please never assume that a fish will grow to tank size.

HobbyJohnny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
3 angelfish
2 female betta
6 guppy
11 neon tetra
2 gold fish
2 sword tail fish
3 tiger barb fish
1 Pleco

Your tank is incredibly overstocked. Try using AQAdvisor. It is a GREAT website for pairing up fish within a tank. It will even tell you if your filtration is adequate for the tank size and the load you put on it. My angelfish setup has 2 angelfish, 5 cherry barbs, 2 gouramis, a bristlenose, and 5 (3)black/(2)white skirt tetras. I run a Fluval 30, and it does a great job of it. It is important to monitor the cycle within your tank; are your ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite levels where they need to be?

I highly suggest checking out AQAdvisor. A lot of those fish will not be compatible when they get older; especially the betta and the angels. They love flashy fish for sure.

Also, are you not running substrate? Substrate is essential for good bacteria...

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And another page & a half later the Op is still being told they’re overstocked & bombarded with questions & suggestions despite being asked in post #31 to give the Op a chance to respond first. Because of this, this thread is being closed.
@Chikoto if you would like this reopening please contact one of the mods, or if you prefer, start a new thread.
**Thread closed**

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom