1000 Gallon Tank!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just kidding! Got your attention tho! Hi, I'm new to this site, not new to fish though. Have had them on and off for a couple decades. Looking forward to chatting with y'all. This looks like a great site for information/advice.
C y'all! Momgoose56

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was looking forward to seeing pictures of a huge tank, but welcome to the forum anyways!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry, coralbandit, Thresher and Fanatic! I didn't think about 'anticipation' when I posted the 1000 gallon lie! But if it makes you feel better, I DROOL when I open a post like that! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

THRESHER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry, coralbandit, Thresher and Fanatic! I didn't think about 'anticipation' when I posted the 1000 gallon lie! But if it makes you feel better, I DROOL when I open a post like that! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Tease! Nahh, just kidding! You did made me look tho! You're gonna fit right in!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So what size tank are you lookin at? ....and hello
Hello aae130! I put a deposit on a 125 gallon tank 18" x 72" that fits in the stand my old tank was in. THAT tank I'd had for several years, and was stocked with a few African Cichlids, 5 large Clown loaches, a 7" weird looking 10 yo prehistoric catfish I was never able to identify, and a herd of giant zebra danios. One day I heard a 'gunshot' and water and looked over at my tank. It had cracked from one bottom back corner. The crack spread in an arc across the back to the other bottom corner and that whole huge piece of glass fell back against the wall. I lost every single fish over the next few days despite efforts to retrieve, retank and de-stress them!. Every single drop of water ran out of the tank because the fracture started and ended at bottom corners. I still don't know what caused it. It was a sad sad day for me!
Happy now though! Starting again!

aae0130

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello aae130! I put a deposit on a 125 gallon tank 18" x 72" that fits in the stand my old tank was in. THAT tank I'd had for several years, and was stocked with a few African Cichlids, 5 large Clown loaches, a 7" weird looking 10 yo prehistoric catfish I was never able to identify, and a herd of giant zebra danios. One day I heard a 'gunshot' and water and looked over at my tank. It had cracked from one bottom back corner. The crack spread in an arc across the back to the other bottom corner and that whole huge piece of glass fell back against the wall. I lost every single fish over the next few days despite efforts to retrieve, retank and de-stress them!. Every single drop of water ran out of the tank because the fracture started and ended at bottom corners. I still don't know what caused it. It was a sad sad day for me!
Happy now though! Starting again!
Oh man I can only imagine the water damage too.......
Hope you have better luck this time. I have my 46 gallon bow front on my hardwood floor in the living room. I opted for acrylic because I was afraid of the glass.......

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!!!
Thanks Dawn!

late to the game bro. 1mil gal tank here.
Bwaaaahaha! And what ocean IS that you have in your living room?

Greetings and welcome to Fishlore .
Thanks Thunder!

Oh man I can only imagine the water damage too.......
Hope you have better luck this time. I have my 46 gallon bow front on my hardwood floor in the living room. I opted for acrylic because I was afraid of the glass.......
I considered acrylic, too afraid my 'fishsitter' will take steel wool to it when I'm on holiday or something!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom