100 Litre Tank Suggestions

abb3yyy

Hi guys,

Looking for any suggestions from people who have experience with certain freshwater fish. I currently have 6 Peppered Corydoras in a 100 litre cycled tank. I already had 2 and bought the additional 4 today from a reliable aquatic store. I had a disaster with Panda Corydoras from a supposedly reputable store a few weeks ago so I will be waiting a while before adding any new fish after these today to ensure these are healthy and happy in their new home.

However! I am really looking to eventually create a nice community tank. I have been looking at some of the following combinations:

1 or 2 of the following:
Honey gourami, or
Dwarf Gourami, or
Bolivian Ram, or
German Blue Ram.

AND

6 - 10 of the following:
Celestial Pearl Danios, or
Cherry Barbs, or
Neon Tetras.

OR

Predominantly Corydora tank with:
6 Peppered Corydoras
6 Panda/Adolfo Corydoras
6 Neon Tetras

(I have checked all combinations on Aqua Advisor with my filtration and tank and all are within correct parameters)

I am absolutely in love with Corys, and wondered whether to just do two mixed species of 6 each with maybe a few Tetras? I'm unsure, but ultimately just want happy and healthy fish. I had an Angelfish for several years and he was so aggressive with the Corys, chasing them around the tank and they just did not have the best quality of life. So ideally I want a peaceful tank where my Corys will feel confident enough to continue flying around the tank and having fun.

I initially liked the idea of two Honey Gourami but have heard of territorial issues between male or aggression if breeding. So thought maybe one male Honey Gourami? But then I like the idea of the Rams. The only issue I have is that the GBR like slightly higher temperatures than my Peppered Corys. So you can see my dilemma! If anyone has any experience of any of the above and has really enjoyed keeping them or regretted getting them, please let me know of your experiences! And also what you would recommend!

Thank you!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Rams can be aggressive while breeding. And DG can be very aggressive. So if you want the cories to be the stars and be the utmost priority I'd go with the honey gourami. I don't think honeys are aggressive whatsoever.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

Hi guys,

Looking for any suggestions from people who have experience with certain freshwater fish. I currently have 6 Peppered Corydoras in a 100 litre cycled tank. I already had 2 and bought the additional 4 today from a reliable aquatic store. I had a disaster with Panda Corydoras from a supposedly reputable store a few weeks ago so I will be waiting a while before adding any new fish after these today to ensure these are healthy and happy in their new home.

However! I am really looking to eventually create a nice community tank. I have been looking at some of the following combinations:

1 or 2 of the following:
Honey gourami, or
Dwarf Gourami, or
Bolivian Ram, or
German Blue Ram.

AND

6 - 10 of the following:
Celestial Pearl Danios, or
Cherry Barbs, or
Neon Tetras.

OR

Predominantly Corydora tank with:
6 Peppered Corydoras
6 Panda/Adolfo Corydoras
6 Neon Tetras

(I have checked all combinations on Aqua Advisor with my filtration and tank and all are within correct parameters)

I am absolutely in love with Corys, and wondered whether to just do two mixed species of 6 each with maybe a few Tetras? I'm unsure, but ultimately just want happy and healthy fish. I had an Angelfish for several years and he was so aggressive with the Corys, chasing them around the tank and they just did not have the best quality of life. So ideally I want a peaceful tank where my Corys will feel confident enough to continue flying around the tank and having fun.

I initially liked the idea of two Honey Gourami but have heard of territorial issues between male or aggression if breeding. So thought maybe one male Honey Gourami? But then I like the idea of the Rams. The only issue I have is that the GBR like slightly higher temperatures than my Peppered Corys. So you can see my dilemma! If anyone has any experience of any of the above and has really enjoyed keeping them or regretted getting them, please let me know of your experiences! And also what you would recommend!

Thank you!
Hi Abb3yy,

what are the dimensions of your tank? Im assuming 75cm long or round about that?

i think you are off to a good start with the cories. Personally id forget about the neons - they arent that hardy and dont do well in new tanks. Ember tetras are beautiful, hardier and smaller so you can keep more. Plenty of other tetras that will do just as well.

a bolivian ram as a single centrepiece will also go nicely too. Give it some hiding places amongst wood and plants with sand substrate and it will do well. Failing that, you can get some stunning apistogrammas - a single male will look great with the same set up.

Upvote 0

abb3yyy

Rams can be aggressive while breeding. And DG can be very aggressive. So if you want the cories to be the stars and be the utmost priority I'd go with the honey gourami. I don't think honeys are aggressive whatsoever.
That's really helpful - thank you!
Hi Abb3yy,

what are the dimensions of your tank? Im assuming 75cm long or round about that?

i think you are off to a good start with the cories. Personally id forget about the neons - they arent that hardy and dont do well in new tanks. Ember tetras are beautiful, hardier and smaller so you can keep more. Plenty of other tetras that will do just as well.

a bolivian ram as a single centrepiece will also go nicely too. Give it some hiding places amongst wood and plants with sand substrate and it will do well. Failing that, you can get some stunning apistogrammas - a single male will look great with the same set up.

Hi Carsonsgjs,

Yeah about 30 inches, which is about 75cm! I had heard some people regret getting the neons. The Ember Tetras do sound good so I'll look into that, thank you!

I had thought about getting an apistogramma, but I haven't seen any in my local aquatic stores unfortunately. Thank you for the suggestions! Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom