100 litre (26 US gallon)

Jo7984

As title states. Its about 100 litre which is about 26 gallon.

Its unheated but sits about 22 degrees in a central heated room. I can buy a heater if needs be.

Currently has 12 WCMM in and 1 surviving male platy.

It has a HOB filter which is 600 litres per hour. Also have a large sponge filter in running on the air stone.

Has (too much) salvinia and some frogbit on the top.
Some guppy grass in.
Anubias, java moss, phoenix moss, water wisteria, driftwood as well as some fake plants.

Ammonia and Nitrite zero.
Nitrate about 5.
PH sits about 7.2
GH 9
KH 3.

I do a 50% water change per week.

Can I add anything else or is it fully stocked???

I was looking at possibly something for the bottom of the tank.
Or maybe something more colourful.

This tank just feels a little "drab" when I look at my rasbora or ember tetra one.

Sofiafish17

I think you can definitely add some more fish! You said you wanted more color, so maybe a few more male platies, or females if you don’t mind fry. For the bottom you could do a handful of Khuli loaches, they are pretty cute and their yellow stripes would compliment the yellow coloration of platies. Cories are another option too.

Upvote 0

Jo7984

Thanks.

I will have a look at those online :)

I'm not sure I am keen on fry. Or at least not at the rate that seems to come from platy!
Though if they were just left to be eaten in the tank maybe most wouldnt survive?

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

Thanks.

I will have a look at those online :)

I'm not sure I am keen on fry. Or at least not at the rate that seems to come from platy!
Though if they were just left to be eaten in the tank maybe most wouldnt survive?
If you have lots of spaces to hide (sounds like you have quite a few plants) then some fry may well survive being eaten.

Peppered corys will go well - they like temperatures around that range.

Upvote 0

Jo7984

I've just added black sand and background today and rejigged the decor.

20210620_135231.jpg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
EAWT
  • Question
Replies
Views