100 Gallon Carnivore Stocking

matija

Bry

A 100 gallon is the minimum for the oscars alone. Much less adding more to it. If you want oscars I wouldn't recommend doing anything else.
I don't see a problem with the 2 bichirs and 12 silver dollars alone there.

aussieJJDude

Maybe instead do some BP or a severum instead? Slightly smaller, but still a good visuals impact. Speaking of which, there's many different types of cichlids that would work! EBA, convicts, firemouths would be some great alternatives.

Bry

aussieJJDude said:
Maybe instead do some BP or a severum instead? Slightly smaller, but still a good visuals impact. Speaking of which, there's many different types of cichlids that would work! EBA, convicts, firemouths would be some great alternatives.
Oooooo I second Severum! Those come in some gorgeous colorations!

matija

matija

What about jack dempsey

And aquarium is actually 125 gallons

aussieJJDude

matija said:
What about jack dempsey
I personally would say no, but others may disagree. They highly aggresive, so any other fish sharing their tank can just be a punching bag...

matija

So I can only keep oscar. Can I atleast get one bichir

And could I plant lucky bamboo in aquarium

aussieJJDude

matija said:
So I can only keep oscar. Can I atleast get one bichir
Only keep, or is only willing to keep?

You could try it out, I would suggest getting a smaller oscar and then getting 2 bichirs - they are social... - and fingers crossed. Any aggression, and either the bichirs or oscars are out IMO - have a backup tank!

Yes, you can plant lucky bamboo. Just remeber that they need to have their leaves above the water surface...

matija

Ok thanks

You know what I will take one oscar 6 sd and one sengal

All will be babies

aussieJJDude

matija said:
You know what I will take one oscar 6 sd and one sengal
I would suggest against the SD... many have said otherwise...

IMO, bichirs are social fish and appreciate the company of their own kind. I would get multiple to keep then happy.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom