10 Guppies And 5 Cory's In A 20 Gallon Long

1. A

AqauriumCK New Member Member

Hey everyone, I was thinking about starting a new 20 gallon long tank. Do you guys think that 10 guppies and 5 cory's would be overstalking? I have a decent amount of experience and the tank would most likely be planted. I have an extra 10 gallon that I can use when they breed and I get fry.

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

What type of cory?
    I would do 8 male guppies and 6-10 cories (depending on what type of cory)

3. OP
    OP
    A

I was thinking pigmy corydoras.

4. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Then I would do 8 guppies and 10 cories

5. OP
    OP
    A

Alright, I'll try that, thanks for the help.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with BD.
    Welcome to fishlore!

7. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

I also agree with the above, great stocking choice. Bear in mind that its probably a good idea to go for all male guppies, as getting females will cause them to breed and you'll have to control their numbers else they will eventually overstock.

8. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Sounds like a good starting point but i would start with very few guppies. Not that a 20G won't support more. The pygmies don't have much bioload. Then watch the water parameters and see how much work you want to do as the guppies breed. The fry can't stay in the 10G forever. It won't take long lol. I am not a fan of all male guppy tanks. Find a different species if you don't want fry. Guppies eat and breed. It's just what they do to be happy in nature or your aquarium.