10 gallon.

1. Olivia67

Olivia67 Valued Member Member

I have a 10 gallon tank, and want to stick it with live plants. I have 7 plastic ones, and am planning on ordering from Trinsfish.com. What kind of plant will grow quickly and cover a lot of ground? Thank you. [​IMG]

2. FallenOwl

FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

I hope you don't plan on keeping those fish in that 10 gallon tank
    Also, what kind of plants are you looking for? Ones that are short, or ones that are tall?

3. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

These are in a 50. I just wanted to attach a picture. In my 10 I have a Betta and 2 mollies, but they're getting treated for fungus.

I wanted a mixture of height.

4. P

Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

A 10g is far too small for mollies

5. FallenOwl

Maybe some Jungle val, S. repens, Windtii, and/or Banana plants?

6. FallenOwl

I think they meant they are just keeping the mollies in the 10g to be treated.

7. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

No, I have 2 mollies and a Betta in a 10.

8. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, a Molly needs a 29g. Can't help with plants but am following(need help with plants myself.).

9. FallenOwl

Oh, well then I agree. Mollies are not suitable for a 10g tank

10. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

I rescued the two mollies, and just don't have suitable room for them, or the money to buy a larger tank. I'm saving up, but haven't gotten there yet.

11. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'd rehome them in the meantime then. They're probably stressing your betta out.

What about hornwort and anacharis? Both are fast growing and produce lots of cover.

12. BellatheBetta

BellatheBetta Valued Member Member

13. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

I'm house sitting for my neighbor. She said she'd take the mollies. My Betta passed away late last night and I know have an empty 10 gal. I stopped at petco and got a female crow tail, and a dwarf frog to put in there. I'm going to keep that tank with just those two.

14. FallenOwl

If she gets along with the 1 frog I would get at least 2 more, they enjoy friends

15. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

Will do! :)

16. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It's not a good idea to keep fish with ADFs. Not only do frogs not see well and get out competed for food, but the frogs can attack the fish, mistaking them for something they can eat.

17. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

Ok