10 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bryce1217, Dec 11, 2012.

1. b

bryce1217 Valued Member Member

if i get a bigger tank i will then have an empty 10 gllon tank. any suggestions on what to put in there?

2. RandomZoid

RandomZoid Valued Member Member

My old 10 gallon is full of Red Cherry shrimp and plants. If it's the type with 2 incandescent light bulb fixtures (normal home sockets) then you can buy 2 6500k CFL bulbs to fit it. I used 2 18watt bulbs and it caused lots of algae. Switched to 13 watt bulbs and plants look amazing, and the shrimp love it. I bought 5 Cherry Shrimp a month ago and today have at least 30 babies as well.

3. OP
    OP
    b

i cant find a petstore that sells cherry shrimp. all i see are brine shrimp. i hate shipping fish or animals. it seems so cruel.

4. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

As posted above shrimp would be good. Maybe a dwarf puffer tank.

5. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

Water and Fishes, preferably. ;)

And, I have bought many fishes online. Some I have bought were and still are some of the healthiest fishes I have. Just saying! :)

6. OP
    OP
    b

haha. my petstore locally raises thier fish or gets them from people who bring them in or order them. they rarely order their fish so they dont have cherry shrimp or dwarf puffers. i was wondering if anyone could ship me a few cherry shrimp for a small payment. ;). i was wondering if neon tetras would go with cherry shrimp since they are close to the same size. i was thinking 7-15 neons then some cherry shrimp if i could get my hands on some.

7. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Shipping fish isn't cruel if it's done properly. :) Also that's how most pet stores get their fish in the first place.

ZeeZ sells RCS but so many people ordered that he's running low...not sure who else ships them. I got some from Cichlidnut too but he lives up in the mountains and it's too cold to ship from there this time of year.

8. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

How do you think fish get to the fish store? Theyre shipped! Probably a lot worse too being shipped from a place that breeds thousands of fish.

9. OP
    OP
    b

well thats true. i seen a ups guy the other day throwing boxes that said fragile. well what about the neon tetras. would those work and if so how many. any other ideas on some small fish?

10. kinezumi89

Whether or not neons can be kept in a 10 gallon is debated. I say no, that they're too active and need more space, but there are many experienced members who disagree with me.

Small fish that can be kept in a 10 are ember tetras, endlers, celestial pearl danios, and surely many others. :)

11. OP
    OP
    b

ok my store doesnt sell any of those

12. kinezumi89

You can get them from fellow members, or from websites like Aquabid :)

13. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

More suggested reputable websites to order fishes from:

Petsolutions & Thatpetplace

14. OP
    OP
    b

ok arent celestial pearl danios the same as galaxy rasboras i heard they were

15. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, they are the same. CPD is the newest of the two names, and more accurate since these are in the danio family specifically.

16. OP
    OP
    b

ok do any of you know anyone that has ember tetras or celestial pearl danios for sale? thay need to be albe to ship.

17. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

You could start a thread in the bstf forum and get more exposure that way.

18. OP
    OP
    b

i probably sound dumb but what is bstf?

19. kinezumi89

Buy/sell/trade/free :) It's a forum where members post what goodies they have for sale, or what they're looking for.

20. OP
    OP
    b

ok thanks how many ember tetras and cherry shrimp to start with. how many celestial pearl danios. im gonna do the ember tetras or celestial pearl danios.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice