Question 10 Gallon + Wcmm + 100w Heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 1o gallon tank with 100W Aqueon Pro heater. The reason for the 100W heater is that the difference between the room and tank temperature (for the fish I had) was about 18-20F. Now, I would like to get some White Cloud Mountain Minnows which like cooler temperatures. The room temp is still too low for them to have a tank without a heater but wouldn't the 100W one be too big and cause some discomfort for the WCMMs even when it cycles on and off? I am assuming that when the heater is on, it produces full 100W of power unless I am mistaken. The only other heater I have is a small 25W Cobalt Neo-Therm which is way to small for a 10 gallon.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Minnows are goid down to like 65. But to answer your question no the heater isn't too big as long as it is were there is flow. It just won't be on much.

Giul

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree, it should be fine since the heater will automatically shut off when it reaches whatever temperature you choose

OP
D

drabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks. I will make sure the heater is positioned near the filter so the flow of water distributes the heat it creates.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's the only thing I could see causing an issue. I had a 300 watt in a 20 for a few months as a qt tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom