10 gallon tank

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
i just bought 29 gallon tank should i get rid of the 10 gallon tank i have that is cycled or should i keep it and save it for a quarantine tank or i could put a Betta in it?

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
jayfl234 said:
i just bought 29 gallon tank should i get rid of the 10 gallon tank i have that is cycled or should i keep it and save it for a quarantine tank or i could put a Betta in it?
save it for a QT. A cycled tank is worth its weight in fish.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
a Betta would be a happy fish in that cycled tank. he might even get along with a few otos or corys in there.

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you keep it at a QT tank, just remember that it won't stay cycled forever without a source of ammonia (i.e. fish in the tank). You can get around that by just tossing in some flakes of food each day and occasionally using the gravel vac to clean them out. Pure ammonia would work too if you can find some. You probably won't need more then a drop or two a day to keep the level constant. It's just to have enough to feed the good bacteria and keep them alive. Without a food source they will die off and you will have to cycle the tank all over again. Just a heads up.

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions i just may put a betta in the tank maybe

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
could he not also put an invert in the tank to keep it cycled?
Tom

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sure anything that will product ammonia will work. Just watch out if you use the tank to treat a sick fish as meds can be killers to others in the tank. So be sure to more whatever you keep in there out before using as a hospital tank or a quarantine tank.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you should put a betta in it.... but I have issues and can't keep from buying bettas. ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
I think you should put a betta in it.... but I have issues and can't keep from buying bettas. ;D
LOL.. not us.. we only have 4.. well soon to be 6.. we have space issues now.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah, I have space issues as well.... I am trying to think of a way to put another tank in the house without getting a divorce!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Buy one for a birthday or aniversary present and say "I thought you wanted another".
Tom

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
yeah, I have space issues as well.... I am trying to think of a way to put another tank in the house without getting a divorce!
I like Tom's idea and you could get him to sign a "endless betta" contract when you have him distracted.

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
LOL that is funny I like that

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom