10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Hannah d, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Hannah d

Hannah dNew MemberMember

Hello! I have a 10 gallon tank! I really want:
    • 2 corydoras
    • 1 male betta
    • 2 balloon mollies
    Would I have enough room for 5 neon tetras? Thanks!

2. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

3. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

If you do a twenty long you could have the Betta, six or so dwarf corydoras, and potentially even a small school of nano fish if the Betta is okay with that. Mollies really need a 30gallon minimum, unfortunately

4. jaymethyValued MemberMember

Unfortunately none of those fish fare well in a 10 gallon...

Take a look at some shrimp or snails for the bottom.
    You could do green neon tetras or ember tetras. A school of 6 if you wanted another species in there too, or a group of 10-12 if they were the only thing in there.
    If you go with the 6 tetras, you could incorporate something else too.

5. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't put a Betta in with cories even in a 20 long as they have been known to suddenly turn on them even after living with them peacefully for a while. I always prefer to avoid potential bloodbaths.

If your water is soft and acidic, I would recommend going with smaller tetras, say 5 embers and 5 golden pristellas. Then you could do a blue mystery snail for contrast.

If you have hard, alkaline water, I would recommend a handful of male fancy guppies or 10 or so male Endlers, provided that your lid is tight-fitting for the latter as they're apt to go flying into the filter in search of girls ;)

6. N8_the_Gr8

N8_the_Gr8Valued MemberMember

You could do 4 guppies and a honey gourami. Unfortunately neons need a bigger tank, Cory’s need a bigger tank and a school of 5 or more, mollies are too big for the tank and I wouldn’t keep them with a betta.

7. Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

I have a 5 gallon with a Betta, 4 neon tetras and a tiger nerite snail. I wouldn't recommend getting Mollies in with the Betta as mine quickly murdered the one I put with him.
    (Mine has a 20 gallon Aquaclear filter on it)

8. jaymethyValued MemberMember

Neon tetras need to be kept in groups of 6 or more, and 5gal is too small for them. I'd remove them, and let your betta be the star of the tank.

9. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

i would not argee, honeys really like company so i recommend at the very least 2. i also recomend at least a 20 gallon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice