10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Hannah d, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Hannah d

Hannah dNew MemberMember

Hello! I have a 10 gallon tank! I really want:
    • 2 corydoras
    • 1 male betta
    • 2 balloon mollies
    Would I have enough room for 5 neon tetras? Thanks!

2. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

3. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

If you do a twenty long you could have the Betta, six or so dwarf corydoras, and potentially even a small school of nano fish if the Betta is okay with that. Mollies really need a 30gallon minimum, unfortunately

4. jaymethy

jaymethyValued MemberMember

Unfortunately none of those fish fare well in a 10 gallon...

Take a look at some shrimp or snails for the bottom.
    You could do green neon tetras or ember tetras. A school of 6 if you wanted another species in there too, or a group of 10-12 if they were the only thing in there.
    If you go with the 6 tetras, you could incorporate something else too.

5. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't put a Betta in with cories even in a 20 long as they have been known to suddenly turn on them even after living with them peacefully for a while. I always prefer to avoid potential bloodbaths.

If your water is soft and acidic, I would recommend going with smaller tetras, say 5 embers and 5 golden pristellas. Then you could do a blue mystery snail for contrast.

If you have hard, alkaline water, I would recommend a handful of male fancy guppies or 10 or so male Endlers, provided that your lid is tight-fitting for the latter as they're apt to go flying into the filter in search of girls ;)

6. N8_the_Gr8

N8_the_Gr8Valued MemberMember

You could do 4 guppies and a honey gourami. Unfortunately neons need a bigger tank, Cory’s need a bigger tank and a school of 5 or more, mollies are too big for the tank and I wouldn’t keep them with a betta.

7. Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

I have a 5 gallon with a Betta, 4 neon tetras and a tiger nerite snail. I wouldn't recommend getting Mollies in with the Betta as mine quickly murdered the one I put with him.
    (Mine has a 20 gallon Aquaclear filter on it)

8. jaymethy

jaymethyValued MemberMember

Neon tetras need to be kept in groups of 6 or more, and 5gal is too small for them. I'd remove them, and let your betta be the star of the tank.

9. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

i would not argee, honeys really like company so i recommend at the very least 2. i also recomend at least a 20 gallon