10 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Olivia67, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Olivia67

Olivia67 Valued Member Member

Now that I've asked about placing my female Betta and some other fish in a ten gallon tank, and many said no; if I were to get a 10 gallon, could I stock it with more than one fish? Because I'd like to have a variety. Thank you. [​IMG]

2. qchris87

qchris87 Well Known Member Member

3. g

gms63 Valued Member Member

You should be able to have a female betta in a 10 gal with a few other fish. It depends on the personality a bit. Without the betta you could have 6-7 neon tetras or 5-8 guppies. There are many small schooling fish you could have. Keep it to only 1 school though. Snails need about 2.5 gallons each and you could have lots of shrimp due to their small bio load.

4. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

I just got home from work to find my female lying on the rocks on her cage, gasping for breath. I googled it, and found a few drops of clove oil would painlessly euthanize her, so she's in her fishy bowl in heaven. I've never cried this much! She was the best. :/ :'(

I hope it was the right thing to do. She was suffering too greatly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  5. Grimund

Grimund Well Known Member Member

:( sorry to hear. Do you know what the issue was?

6. OP
    OP
    Olivia67

I do not. But I decided to scrub the entire tank, chemicals and all to be sure there is nothing to kill any New fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice