10 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas?

1. F

FishyFishy101 New Member Member

Have a 10 gallon tank all cycled with a filter and heater.Just don't know what fish to get.Im interested in getting a betta but my wife doesn't approve of just having one betta.Ive heard about having some neons and a betta.But I've heard mixed reviews about it.Some say it works out perfectly and others say the tetras fin nipped like crazy.

I'm also interested in some gouramis.I was thinking maybe 3 sparkling gouramis and a couple other fish but I'm not sure what.I was also thinking about maybe a dwarf gourami but I'm not sure my LFS has them.

I'm open to any stocking ideas ,I'm just not a big fan of shrimp and frogs.

(Just saying,my LFS doesn't have a huge variety of fish.)

2. fishgame6

fishgame6 Valued Member Member

1 betta in a 10 gallon would be great but if that idea is a no go then maybe guppys? reguler gouramis would get to big for a 10 gallon and would out grow it quick.

you could try guppies with a female betta sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

3. l

leeexie-flowy Valued Member Member

4. toeknee

toeknee Well Known Member Member

I have one male,two female peacock gudgeons. Some red cherry shrimp and a couple snails in my 10 gallon.I also have gudgeons in my 20 gallon...one of my fav fish!

5. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

i do 8 guppies if i was you...dad doesn't listen to mom when it comes to fishes though

6. OP
    OP
    F

Great suggestions!However I feel that it's too risky to put female betta with some guppies.Plus I've heard guppies reproduce rapidly which I don't want to deal with per say.

7. f

fishboy345 New Member Member

Maybe look into dwarf puffers, you could have a few and they're very intelligent, recognize their owner, and are fun to watch

8. OP
    OP
    F

Don't worry it's fine:)

9. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Stick with males guppies - they're the ones that typically have all the bright colors and fancy fins!