10 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FishyFishy101, Aug 3, 2017.

1. F

FishyFishy101 New Member Member

Have a 10 gallon tank all cycled with a filter and heater.Just don't know what fish to get.Im interested in getting a betta but my wife doesn't approve of just having one betta.Ive heard about having some neons and a betta.But I've heard mixed reviews about it.Some say it works out perfectly and others say the tetras fin nipped like crazy.

I'm also interested in some gouramis.I was thinking maybe 3 sparkling gouramis and a couple other fish but I'm not sure what.I was also thinking about maybe a dwarf gourami but I'm not sure my LFS has them.

I'm open to any stocking ideas ,I'm just not a big fan of shrimp and frogs.

(Just saying,my LFS doesn't have a huge variety of fish.)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. fishgame6

fishgame6 Valued Member Member

1 betta in a 10 gallon would be great but if that idea is a no go then maybe guppys? reguler gouramis would get to big for a 10 gallon and would out grow it quick.

you could try guppies with a female betta sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

3. l

leeexie-flowy Valued Member Member

4. toeknee

toeknee Well Known Member Member

I have one male,two female peacock gudgeons. Some red cherry shrimp and a couple snails in my 10 gallon.I also have gudgeons in my 20 gallon...one of my fav fish!

5. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

i do 8 guppies if i was you...dad doesn't listen to mom when it comes to fishes though

6. OP
    OP
    F

Great suggestions!However I feel that it's too risky to put female betta with some guppies.Plus I've heard guppies reproduce rapidly which I don't want to deal with per say.

7. f

fishboy345 New Member Member

Maybe look into dwarf puffers, you could have a few and they're very intelligent, recognize their owner, and are fun to watch

8. OP
    OP
    F

Don't worry it's fine:)

9. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Stick with males guppies - they're the ones that typically have all the bright colors and fancy fins!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice