10 gallon tank: finally preparing for another betta friend! :D

AverageAquarist22

Hey all! Been a while since I was on Fishlore, what with school and everything I’ve just been so busy! Well, I have exciting news to share: I’m finally starting up my 10 gallon again! On Saturday I set it up and it took a while; I forgot how stressful scaping a new tank is! ;) Anyway, here’s a few pictures of the setup process:
01313985-55D9-412C-B3A4-0ED4080138BD.jpeg
9A145CDE-42ED-40F1-94E7-88F10D62F479.png
5FFA44C6-B8F7-460A-B791-600BCF3A5476.png
B4863BA0-1590-4735-8BBF-1EEB1BAE5C43.png I finally decided on the 4th scape because I was worried about the sharp branches catching on my future betta’s fins, here’s a picture of the tank all filled up!
EAB74C11-9039-4ABC-9D5B-2A2C047D399A.jpeg I apologize for the bad photo quality, I’m not the best photographer and this tank doesn’t have a light yet. I’m working on getting a hood that will fit around the protruding wood pieces, and eventually I will get a light, as well. I’m planning on adding some salvinia, crypts, and possibly hydroclotyle (hope I’m spelling that right …) I know the fishbowl in there is risky, but I’ve checked to make sure any and all gaps too small for a betta to fit through are blocked up. Of course, I could have missed a few, and am prepared to adjust accordingly… I’ll take the bowl out of the tank if I have to, but I thought it’d be a neat thing to try! I’m hoping the final stocking will be 1 betta, 3 Amano shrimp, and 2 nerite snails. Anyway, that’s all for now. I’ll continue to post updates as this project progresses!

BigManAquatics

A fishbowl in a tank...i gotta say, i kind of like that idea! Whether it's dangerous...time will tell.

AverageAquarist22

I was thinking if it proves to be dangerous, I could also fill the bowl with plants of some sort.. we’ll see what ends up happening!

Wendybrass

Really unique! Looks amazing

AverageAquarist22

Sorry it’s been so long since I updated! I kept meaning to but then I’d forget.. what with school and everything it’s been a busy few months! So, the tank is all cycled and I’ve added a few plants, as well as a light and 2 shrimp. Unfortunately I have bladder snails (uuuggghhh :mad: ), but I’m working to get rid of those.. here’s a recent picture!
image.jpg * lights are turned up bright for photography purposes* Excuse the water bottle in the background I was too lazy to move it hehe. Also, I went to the store today and saw a little girl betta that I just couldn’t resist… so I may or may not have a friend already :/ Oops? Here’s a picture of her!
F1CDFECF-A4D2-4FE2-AB41-B40B493A390D.jpeg It’s super bad because I was in a hurry to get her acclimated, she’s suuupppeeerr active, and she was in that awful little round container. I’ll make a separate thread about her, and hopefully get a better picture once she’s settled in.. sorry again for being gone so long, I’ll work on that.

AverageAquarist22

So.. there are some hydra in the 10 gallon…. I ordered some Fenbenzadole and it should be coming today. I know that it’s safe for fish, but I’d prefer not to have my betta (she still doesn’t have a name; suggestions are welcome!) in there with medicine she doesn’t need. I’ll get her in there by the end of the week, but it looks like she might be staying in the quarantine tank for an extra day or two… on the plus side, besides the hydra, the plants are doing very well!

AverageAquarist22

Update: the Fenbenzadole that I ordered came! I mixed up a solution (1 gram and 200 mL of water), and I had a 20 mL syringe that I used to treat the hydra with the mixture. They were not happy.. they curled in on themselves right away, and some seem to be a bit shriveled up already, though that might just be wishful thinking haha. Victory! In the next few days I might squirt them again once or twice just to be positive, but I’m pretty hopeful that this will kill them all. I’m so excited to be back on the right track with this tank! :D

AverageAquarist22

The hydra seem to be gone, after 3 doses of Fenbenzadole! I’ll do a water change sometime today before all the Thanksgiving craziness starts, and then should I be safe to move my betta girl in there after a water change, or should I wait a few more days? I’m so tired of having her in the little quarantine tank and I want to see her shine in her 10 gallon, but I’m willing to wait a bit longer if the medicine residue in there wouldn‘t be safe :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AverageAquarist22
Replies
Views
JJ3204
Replies
Views
MGGG00
Replies
Views