10 Gallon Stocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, so here's the deal; my mom is upgrading our ten gallon goldfish tank and either my sister or I get it and if my sister gets it I get here 5 gallon tank. If not I get the 10 and 5. And then my other sister is getting rid of here 10 gallon and I get it. So I either get a 5 and a 10, two 10's, or two 10'a and a 5. I'm looking for something different then the usual tetras and that's a little exotic.

(P.S. I am currently setting up a 10 gallon N. Meleagris tank)

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How about Bumblebee Gobies (Brachygobius Xanthozona) A few of those would go well in a 5-10gal species aquarium. They need hard, alkaline water with a little aquarium salt added.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
how about a pair of peacock gudgeons, or 4-5 CPDs, or 3-4 D. Choprai?

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like the bumblebee gobys and peacock Gudgeon. Does anyone know if there's any wild betta that would be able to go in a ten as a pair? I've looked at the glowlight and CPD's but I'm looking a little more out there; something with interesting personality.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Perhaps a couple of Betta Imbellis would work well (if you can find them). Sorry I don't know the common name. They look spectacular & the males will engage in mock fights but little or no damage will be done. Does well in groupls that include males & females.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My sister tried dwarf puffers, but they died real easily and she went through 3 in 1 month. Does anyone know if betta Macrostoma or channoides would work?

aquariumgirl lauren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A 5 gallon is good for a sparkling gourami or a pair of neolamprologus brevis (Tanganiyika shell-dweller). Sorry I don't really know anything about wild bettas...

Last edited:

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I might try sparkling gourmis but not the brevis's. I'll have enough Tanganyikan tanks buy then. (10 for Meleagris, 40 I'm building this summer, 120 I'm building next summer)

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So far I'm thinking 3 BumbleBee Gobys for 5 gallon, a pair of wild betta's for a 10 and I'm not sure about the other???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom