Help 10 gallon stocking

Cantra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok I know for sure we are going to have Cherry Shrimp in it and 3 what look like a guppy endler mix (their too small to be guppies but got coloration like them) and an oto. What else can we have in there with them if anything else?

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Otos need to be in schools so you should probably get 3 more and then that would be it for stocking the tank, which is pushing the max so make sure you keep up on water changes and keep an eye on parameters.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Cantra
If you could update your aquarium info, it'll help the members with suggestions.
10g's isn't much to work with. Otos like to be in groups but do better in a well established tank.
Once the tank is cycled, you can get the shrimp and endler/guppies.
When the tank is several months old and well cycled, add a nice group of otos.

Cantra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The tank has been set up for about 2 years now and the endler/guppy and the oto are whats left of the fish that had been in there. I just got the tank and those came with it and I know the filter for the tank is for up to 20 gallons.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I suggest ONE Sparkling Gourmai or ONE Honey Gourmai or male/female ratio with eather Gourmai, don't mix Gourmais. Pygmy Corys are suitable and small group of Red Cherry Shrimp.

The link below might give you an idea too.

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Stocking_a_10_Gallon_Tank#Stocking_a_10_Gallon_Freshwater_Tank
I respectfully disagree, the guppy/endler fish IME are too active for the gouramis in that small of a tank. I think the guppies would end up stressing the gouramis out so much they will die of illness, this is from my own experience.
The pygmy cories like to be in large groups and I think would be too much for the tank; however, the RCS should be fine in the 10 gallon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom