10 Gallon Stocking?

Drakon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cories need a school of 6 minimum and would not do well in a 10 gal. I also wouldn’t recommend a dwarf gourami in a 10 gal, IMO 20 gal is the minimum for one. I don’t know much about killifish so I’m not sure about them.

Anto26

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Cories need a school of 6 minimum and would not do well in a 10 gal. I also wouldn’t recommend a dwarf gourami in a 10 gal, IMO 20 gal is the minimum for one. I don’t know much about killifish so I’m not sure about them.
I've seen plenty of ppl with Cory's in a 10

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Peppered cories get to near 3" and need to be kept in schools. They shouldn't be kept in a 10 gallon. Same goes with the DG.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Seen an ideal are 2 different things. Can it be done sure. Should it be done not really.

Coleslaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think that the Cory’s might want to be in a 20 but that doesn’t mean that you can’t start in a 10 and see how it goes. I like the idea of a DG in a 10 but it depends on the type. I wouldn’t do a dwarf powder as they are aggressive and get big... but something like a sunset honey gourami would be amazing!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its doable but will limit you in stocking. With a 10 it seems either its one medium fish or some smaller fish. They are tough to have a community in.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If youre not a fan of tiny fish then youll have to upgrade from a 10 gallon as only tiny fish are suitable for a tiny tank.

You COULD do a Dwarf Gourami and a small school of Rasbora Hets. My son has a 10 gallon setup with those and its a fun tank.

There are a lot of options for a 10 gallon but again, youll be limited to tiny fish, and just because the fish is tiny doesnt mean a 10 is suitable. Some tiny fish really need room to swim, so a 10 is too small still.

Anto26

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If youre not a fan of tiny fish then youll have to upgrade from a 10 gallon as only tiny fish are suitable for a tiny tank.

You COULD do a Dwarf Gourami and a small school of Rasbora Hets. My son has a 10 gallon setup with those and its a fun tank.

There are a lot of options for a 10 gallon but again, youll be limited to tiny fish, and just because the fish is tiny doesnt mean a 10 is suitable. Some tiny fish really need room to swim, so a 10 is too small still.
I definetly want a gourami.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom