10 Gallon Stocking?

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi! So recently all of my fish in my 10 gallon passed away (they were only weeks away from being moved to a 29 gallon!!) and currently I am keeping guppy fry in there for now, as they are nearly adults. I know that soon I am going to want to restock it. TBH I was thinking just a betta, or maybe a few guppies. I know that I am pretty limited on space, but what stocking ideas/lists do you have in suggestion? Should I leave it as a fry tank? My friend is breeding guppies and needs space to store them, but she already has 2 five gallon tanks for each gender...

Sergeant Pepper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Was there a particular reason that all the fish in the 10 gallon died? I wouldn't personally stock it again unless you knew it wasn't something still in the tank.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah perhaps give all of the fry some time for initial adjustment, before adding any addtional livestock to ensure an acceptable balance period of your bio-load, as inevitably the fry will get bigger...poop more/produce more ammonia/waste, and also just plain 'ol time to settle in before introducing new fish--especially a betta! Ehh maybe give it about a month.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sergeant Pepper said:
Was there a particular reason that all the fish in the 10 gallon died? I wouldn't personally stock it again unless you knew it wasn't something still in the tank.
Once the fry grow up I was planning on emptying and then cycling the tank again! My former fish had gotten sick with numerous diseases and I had had new tank syndrome because I had stupidly not cycled the tank properly...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom